Super Contributor

Re: Whoa!! I want the new BE Serum Foundation! Anybody with me?

On 2/21/2014 darcy3 said:

I missed the April 8th ship date....bummer.

So did I -- but I'm thinking I'll still be looking for the perfect foundation in April, so I think we're okay. :-)

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I'll stick with my drugstore visible lift. Leslie drives me nuts. Also, I don't think her skin looked that good (was she up all day and last night?) and her neck and face didn't match, as mentioned.

I just can't get into mineral makeup, I don't buy any of it.

Super Contributor

Seems to me the models, Leslie, and Lisa all look on the pale side from wearing this foundation. I also noticed that Leslie's face and neck did not match at all. I will need to wait and feel this in person when it comes to retail.

Tami

Super Contributor

Personally, I wasn't really that impressed with coverage. Coincidentally, Ready to Wear brand on HSN launched their serum foundation yesterday. I ordered that one. The demo looks much better in terms of color and coverage.

Valued Contributor

On 2/21/2014 AlleyCat said: I am really happy with UD Na ked foundation but am intrigued. Will def. pick up a sample when it ever gets to Sephora.
I don't use the UD, but I am with you on waiting ' til I can get a sample.
Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2014 azqfan said: It is a liquid and it is a foundation so..... it is a liquid foundation regardless of the marketing blather. Just like the original Bare Minerals was a powder no matter how many times Leslie said it wasn't a powder. There are several foundations currently professing they have skincare ingredients. This isn't a OMG they just invented a new product. Leslie had to come on because she spent the last 17 years telling everyone the perils of liquid foundation and now she wants you to buy the darn stuff.
I really don't care what she proclaims. I can make my own decisions. I like the sheer coverage, physical SPF, and the other ingredients and lack thereof.
Valued Contributor

Not tempted at all, I don't believe it has any coverage, none of those models looked good in it.
Super Contributor

On 2/21/2014 glmama said: Hi Maren--I'm watching the presentation now. And I'm intrigued. Foundation is one of my "problem" areas. I'm always looking for the perfect base product. However, I'm not a fan of liquid foundation (yes, I know she's talking to me!). So I'll keep watching!

I've pretty much given up on the "doesn't look like makeup" line -- after all, I'm wearing makeup! But maybe this will be closer to what I'm fantasizing about. Or not. :-) I'll have to wait (and wait!) to see. I've only found one foundation that literally made me gasp in delight when I looked in the mirror -- but it was Prescriptives (R.I.P.) and is no longer available. The search continues!

Valued Contributor

I am a huge Lumene BB fan but I am trying it. Years ago I was a medium beige in Bare Minerals so I had no idea what color to order! So I am trying bare natural...we will see...
Valued Contributor

The beautiful Joy was not radiant tonight. Maybe the normal winter has worn her down. It has me looking droopy.