Valued Contributor

Re: Who watches Flip or Flop on HGTV?

Love the show. Read that Christina is pregnant. I think it is a boy. That would be nice.
Respected Contributor

It is amazing how they totally gut these houses! Housing is sure ridiculously priced in CA. My son lives in San Diego and I feel bad what they pay for housing. Plus there is no property that goes along with it.

Regular Contributor

I read he has thyroid cancer but is recovering, a nurse saaw it on tv and called the show that his neck had a growth on it..

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

It is amazing how they totally gut these houses! Housing is sure ridiculously priced in CA. My son lives in San Diego and I feel bad what they pay for housing. Plus there is no property that goes along with it.

It is. I lived there until I was 29 and my father is a builder outside of San Francisco. I've been outside of CA long enough that I'm shocked when they Tarek and Christina pay over $300,000 for a house that is in terrible condition.

But I also remember a few years back when my dad drove me around to see one of the subdivisions his company designed and he showed me a home that sold for $1.3 million. The first thing I said was "Where's the rest of it?" because I still think you should get a mansion for $1M, not a small 3 bedroom 2 bath home. But location, location, location. If you have property in a good location with good schools, there's a finite amount available. "They're not making more of it," my dad says.

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

tricolor

I hear you.  In some areas where I live (silicon valley) a 2 bed 1 bath, 900sq ftt home runs 3 million.  The average Joe home cost 595,000 for a 3 bed 2 bath.  That is about 1900 sq ft. plus a lot to sit on of 3500 to 7000 sq feet.  The older homes have the larger lots.  Most homes built in the last 10 years sit on small lots almost the size of the home. They have to use 40 year mortgages in most cases, and the pmts are still 3,000.  Glad I have been in my home for 30 years!!

Super Contributor

We put our house in Southern California on the market last March. It sold in two days for full asking price. We were able to take the profits from that sale, move to Lake Las Vegas, buy a newer, larger home in a beautiful area and still have money in the bank.

Between the drought, cost of living and Moonbeam, California is probably the worst place you can live right now.