Respected Contributor

Re: Who watches Flip or Flop on HGTV?

I have this one and Fixer Upper on my DVR. Love watching these couples work together, they both seem to get along so well!

Super Contributor

My husband and I watch this show actually both the shows ( Fixer Upper) and really enjoy the couples and the transformations .We live in So Cal so know the areas and prices and are in awe at how cheap housing is in Texas when comparing the 2 shows!

Respected Contributor

I love this show and the couple that host it.  I can't believe the prices of house in the area of Calif. where they live.  I live in Northern VA and I thought our prices were high.  I also love Fixer Upper and the couple on that show are also great.

Honored Contributor

Love Flip or Flop. Couple works so well together and seem so happy. Her designs are great.
Esteemed Contributor

I like the show also....they really do a nice job fixing those homes up!!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
The "Flipping Vegas"

LOL.....It's all an act. But they do pick the worst houses around, in the worst neighborhoods and cheaply flip them.

Except when he purchased several in Lake Las Vegas, which is a planned community. You not only pay HOA fees in the community you live in, but you also have to pay an annual "Master Plan" fee just to live in Lake Las Vegas, so he couldn't do a cheap flip.....it wasn't allowed Smiley Wink
Esteemed Contributor

The show is not properly titled. Just once I would like to see a flop. They make money on every property.
Super Contributor

The title "Flip or Flop" is simply a question. I have seen a couple of their shows where the deal fell through, or it didn't sell.

Fixer Upper and Rehab Addict are two of my other favs
Honored Contributor

My 10 year old granddaughter is addicted to these shows.  This one particularly!!  She knows what they should pay for stuff.    I watch her watching the show.  I am in awe.  Maybe she is a mini mogal in training, LOL!

When we were remodeling our bedroom and bath, and they tore the sheet rock and some walls down, she said, "this is good time to put in insulation, it will help with the summer".  She suggested I not paint my bathroom green, because it gives the skin a funny color when looking in the mirror.  HUH? Okaaaay.  What a kid.  We all think she born at 15, and just aged from there.

I think the show is fun as well.

Honored Contributor

I live in Florida where homes are very reasonably priced so it always shocks me what they have to pay for those horrid homes, and the cost to renovate them. I do enjoy watching Tarek and Christina a lot and I like to see the end product when she renovates them.

On Fixer upper I wish she would use the owners actual furniture instead of staging the homes with rental furniture.