Respected Contributor

Re: Who uses YSL Touche Eclat?

I used it for years, but the last tube I bought was not the same.  I'm thinking the formula was changed. 

I'm using Boots now and liking it; saving $$ also. 

Respected Contributor

Mac makes an excellent one too...no creasing, caking.
Honored Contributor

I like it.  I don't use it every day, but I think it's a good product.  It's very expensive.

I don't find any dupe to be similar.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I tried it many years ago, long before I ever even heard of QVC. It had a cult following even back then. I personally found it just okay. I guess maybe I just don't really need a product like this? I guess I don't understand all the excitement around it, especially for the price. 

@HappyDaze I agree! I bought TE from QVC once...sent it back after using a couple of times. I get much better results with Laura Geller's French Vanilla Highlighter, and a compact of that lasts MUCH longer, so a better value for me.

Respected Contributor

I used it for years. Then found the Maybelline Lumi Light that  liked much better. Saved a bundle.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Hi @Jacie

I am with you on this. I use to use YSL Touche Eclat too, but when the Q quit handling it I would only buy when I'd go to the Cities. Then I just stopped and began using other brands. THEN I see you mention it on another forum and I went out to Wally World and picked up a tube. I think it's even better than YSL. I know, I can't believe I am saying that, but it is true. It's a huge savings that is for sure. 

Trusted Contributor

will someone please let me know of other brands i always wanted to try this but it is pricey.. and i dont want to drive far to go to expensive department stores to buy it. i have dark circles under my eyes at work everyone is saying how tired i look. and i'm not lol it gets so old hearing this.. i did look on amazon at treatments for this & there's soooo much stuff out there..

Contributor

I have been using Touche Eclat since it was presented on the Q.  It works great under my eyes and anywhere else I want to add a bit of light.  So far, I haven't had an issue with the smell going bad after a short while. Not good!  I now buy it at Sephora.  

Trusted Contributor

I love for concealer to cover my dark eyes due to lack of sleep I use IT SPF 50 eye concealer and I love it..........then  I pop it with Trish McEvoy her Instant EYE LIFT then the YSL goes on anywhere I might need a pop of light

Respected Contributor

I used YSL for quite awhile,  then learned that Terry, the woman who created the Touche Eclat  formula, started her own line of makeup & skin care called, "By Terry."  Her version of Touche Eclat is called "Touche Veloutee."  I like Terry's more . . . it comes in the same type of applicator as YSL . . . only Terry's contains a lot more product, as it's in a much Larger applicator than YSL.