Frequent Contributor

same thing with Mally.   she insists in writing and in person that none of her stuff is tested on animals....only celebrities.   but then someone here posted that she does test.  so.....does she or doesn't she?    I have a foundation on hold here.....but if she does then I'm out.

Respected Contributor

This post isn't about animal testing, but it is about who owns who. 

I read a book several years ago written about Estee Lauder and Charles Revson ( he owned Revlon) They didn't like each other in the least. Estee Lauder's son swore that he would take over the Revlon Co. one day and put it into shame. Well, he did. Revlon use to be a prestigious company years ago and now look at it. It is sold all over in drug stores,, not in the big department stores. Charles Revson would roll in his grave if he knew his precious company had been bought up by E,Lauder. 

It's unreal who owns what and then we wonder why the products we loved and used over the years are no where near the quality they once were. It's a real shame.

Regular Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Burt's Bees is owned by THE CLOROX COMPANY!! I saw a big display in Whole Foods and it said Cruelty Free. I told the clerk standing next to it, 'that's a big lie. They're owned by the Clorox Co. and they are huge animal testers.' Next time I was in the display was gone. Yes!

What I heard, Burt's wife got all of the orginial recipies in their divorce.  So if you want the old burt's bees, look for a company called Naked Bee.  Same smell, same great products.  I was very happy to find them.

Honored Contributor

@rozio wrote:

same thing with Mally.   she insists in writing and in person that none of her stuff is tested on animals....only celebrities.   but then someone here posted that she does test.  so.....does she or doesn't she?    I have a foundation on hold here.....but if she does then I'm out.

@rozioNo her company does not test at this point. It is owned by an equity firm and who knows what the future will bring but for now, her company does not nor did not test on animals.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1  Origins says they no longer carry OJON even though it's on their website. Go figure. I'm looking for the Revitalizing Mist, but not at $80-$85 on Amazon & Ebay. Wow! Anyone know something similar?

@Shanus, I had mentioned in a previous post that I thought I had heard that EL was ditching Ojon from the Origins brand.  The Revitializing Mist was one of my favorite Ojon products.  In my search for a replacement I have settled on Nick Chavez's Mesquite Restoring Mist. Truth be told I think my hair likes the Mesquite Mist better than the Ojon.  Nick's mist helps make a comb glide through my wet tight curls hair.  I also sometimes use it as a freshener on no shampoo days. 

You may also like Tweak-d Rev-d Restore Mist.  I thought it was very good.  As you may know Tweak-d is Denis Simioni (Ojon founder's) current haircare line.  Another one used on me at my salon is Aveda's Brillant Damage Control.  It smells fabulous and works well, but it's not as moisturizing as the Mesquite in my opinion. 

@Katcat1, The Mists are leave-in conditioners.  What's different using a mist as opposed to a cream leave-in is you are not adding the weight of a cream prior to adding the weight of styling products.  Since the time I started using the Ojon,  have never went back to using a cream leave-in conditioner.  

Honored Contributor

@Trix. The NC Mesquite Mist has been on my waitlist for over a month. I'm hoping it'll come back in stock. The OJON Mist helped w/ my curly hair, as well, but I especially liked it to refresh 2nd & 3rd day hair. I'm hoping the Nick Chavez will do the same.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, the last Mesquite Mist I purchased was from Dermstore and I was able to use a $25% off discount.  Woman Very Happy