Respected Contributor

Re: Who is the QVC model who races motorcycles?

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Wow, nice photo on her motorcycle.

We in the medical field call those who ride motorcycles "organ donors."

One hospital I worked at was close to a freeway in Southern California, so our ICU got lots of motorcycle injuries.  At one time, 6 out of our 8 patients were young men from motorcycle accidents.   They were all on ventilators with head injuries.  They had physical injuries too, lacerated livers, ruptured spleens, broken bones.  But, what was going to do them in was the head injury.  It really bummed we nurses out.  We would go make rounds suctioning them on the ventilators.  They were unresponsive to us.

A couple were repeat customers. 

I can understand why people ride them, but I just would NEVER do it.  There's no helmet that can absolutely protect against serious head injury.

Hyacinth    Cat Sad

AZ -- helmets only required for under 18 yrs of age.   Good thing our freeways aren't as crowded as yours..................

It doesn't only happen on freeways.  It can be in the middle of nowhere by yourself too.  Anyone of any age who doesn't wear a helmet is just plain stupid.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Someone asked a simple question about a model on a motorcyle and the thread had to turn into a lecture. 

Honored Contributor

I remember years ago Angela mentioned one time that she was finishing up her college education with hope of being a police officer. I know some of the models have other jobs besides modeling, wonder if law enforcement ever worked out for her.