Honored Contributor

Who is the QVC model who races motorcycles?

The thread about Joy got me thinking.

Valued Contributor

Re: Who is the QVC model who races motorcycles?

Angela

Honored Contributor

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

A

@depglass wrote:

The thread about Joy got me thinking.

re you referring to the thread about Joy Mangano ?  or our QVC Model Joy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Angela Izzo-Sink I believe.

Honored Contributor

Angela has always been one of my favorite models.  I love watching Leah on Saturday morning.  Angela is always on there.  Otherwise I don't get to see her that much.  She is a delight to watch.  Her facial expressions, the slight way she nods her head when she agrees with what is being said.

For those who have never watch Leah (I know it's early on Saturday), it's more than just a sell show, it's a tiny bit entertaining too.  

There are other models I like too.  Maureen is one of them.  She's usually on there too.  We've all known about Angela and her motorcycles.

Honored Contributor

Great photo!

I rarely know anything about any of the models... And don't know much more about the hosts. It is interesting to hear things like this. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3  Angela looks as good in her silkies on her powerful bike as she does in any stately Louis Dell Olio doesn't she?  She is quite beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Wow, nice photo on her motorcycle.

We in the medical field call those who ride motorcycles "organ donors."

One hospital I worked at was close to a freeway in Southern California, so our ICU got lots of motorcycle injuries.  At one time, 6 out of our 8 patients were young men from motorcycle accidents.   They were all on ventilators with head injuries.  They had physical injuries too, lacerated livers, ruptured spleens, broken bones.  But, what was going to do them in was the head injury.  It really bummed we nurses out.  We would go make rounds suctioning them on the ventilators.  They were unresponsive to us.

A couple were repeat customers. 

I can understand why people ride them, but I just would NEVER do it.  There's no helmet that can absolutely protect against serious head injury.

Hyacinth    Cat Sad

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Wow, nice photo on her motorcycle.

We in the medical field call those who ride motorcycles "organ donors."

One hospital I worked at was close to a freeway in Southern California, so our ICU got lots of motorcycle injuries.  At one time, 6 out of our 8 patients were young men from motorcycle accidents.   They were all on ventilators with head injuries.  They had physical injuries too, lacerated livers, ruptured spleens, broken bones.  But, what was going to do them in was the head injury.  It really bummed we nurses out.  We would go make rounds suctioning them on the ventilators.  They were unresponsive to us.

A couple were repeat customers. 

I can understand why people ride them, but I just would NEVER do it.  There's no helmet that can absolutely protect against serious head injury.

Hyacinth    Cat Sad

AZ -- helmets only required for under 18 yrs of age.   Good thing our freeways aren't as crowded as yours..................

♥Surface of the Sun♥