Honored Contributor

Re: Who is taking the Mario Badescu Plunge?

I watched the presentation on Beauty IQ on the over 50 and it was the worst presentation ever.  They didn't show each product and what it does. What a waste of time.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I checked out this line online, did not watch the show though.  And honestly I've never heard of this person, Mario B.

Martha's 3 generations of users is great that they all love these products but it also takes good too great genes playing a big part in good looking skin well into ages 60,70,80+.

@Sooner  Thanks for your testimonials on many of these products. Sounds like you really do like using them because they serve you and your skin well.  I'm glad to read your comments, thanks for posting. Makes me want to try a few.

@PINKdogWOOD  You are welcome.  I just wanted to point out that I have heard of this line for a long time, way before I knew where to buy it locally or buy it online (since there wasn't an online way back then!  LOL!!!).

It is a cosmetic line that is certainly sort of old school and basic, and that appeals to me.  I do Martha has used it for a very long time, because she has talked about it, it has appeared in articles that she used it, and so forth.

I like it because it seems to clean and cleanse and mositurize effectively, I love the packaging, and it isn't so expensive.  Looks good in the bathrooms too!  

I have tried many skin lines over my long life, everything from Erno Lazlo to many Euporean and high tech lines and honestly I don't think any of them did a lot.  I have good skin thanks to genetics, and my biggest problem is using things that break me out or leave my face red and irritates.

So, I am a believer in simple, basic skin care and some trips to the dermatologist every two or three years. He can help the redness with a laser and any little broken veins, it costs less than expensive cosmetics and it works, and those are the only issues I have if I lay off the scrubs, peels and harsh things.

Trusted Contributor

I am very familiar with the Mario Badescu line.  I have used several items, namely his drying lotion (always have on hand), his rosewater mist (lovely) and most recently his collagen mask which was really nice - so much so that I might purchase it separately.  My daughter purchased a kit of his that included this and several other items and I tried this mask - liked it alot.  His vitamin C serum is nice as well.

He used to be in Sephora but as another poster mentioned, he has been in Ulta for quite a few years now.  I wish my Ulta gave out samples!

Valued Contributor

hi all 

I tried Mario Badescu products close to 25 years ago when I worked in NYC . I was with in walking distance of the salon . I never had any of the services just products. I have sensitive acne prone combo skin , and the products just  didnt work for me . I found the cleanser(seeweed a bit thick and filmy and surprisingly the oil free moisturizer was very heavy . I appreciate the products are cruelty free and many have success with them . For any ladies interested in trying them I would suggest you go to their website . They have a great program if you are new to Mario Badescu( never ordered from their  site)   you fill out an online skin analysis and based on your info , they will send you free samples of the products  for just $2.95 shipping.  it is a great way to try the products to see what will work for you 

Occasional Contributor

Very disappointed to find out he uses parabens and articifical colors in his products. Not very healthy for you.  These ingredients have been banned in Europe as possible carcinogens.  Please get him to change his ingredients. 

Frequent Contributor

I went to Ulta today and they had loads of samples. I purchased one.