Honored Contributor

Re: Who is taking the Mario Badescu Plunge?

I recently bought another line of facial cream, so I don't need anything now, but I would certainly like to give this one a try, at some point

Frequent Contributor

I  live in a town that has an Apothecay shop that sells high end cosmetics. Mario B. is one of the lines that is sold there. I was fortunate enough to attend a seminar on this line. I received samples and a folder of information including the whole line and what is used of for skin types. The owner was very helpful and had a model with no makeup on (be. autiful skin) who uses this line. I did purchase the ginko mask which I love. I have purchased the Orange facial soap and the toner that goes with it. Very  happy with everything. 

Esteemed Contributor

I found it very hard to watch. Martha has to be the most boring vendor that QVC brings on. I think they tried to counter with having Shawn (high energy) paired with her. Shawn seemed more enthused about the product then Martha who stated that she had used this product for many years.  In addition to the boredom factor, they (Martha & Company representative) seemed not well informed. They all wasted the opportunity to really educate the viewer.  Instead they filled a lot of the time with nonsense instead of why I should invest my money into this  line. The most that I got out of it was that their were different products for varying age groups because our skin changes as we get older.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much, @Harpa.  Have a great weekend!

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I only watched a few minutes. No way would I give up my Philosophy.

Honored Contributor

I checked out this line online, did not watch the show though.  And honestly I've never heard of this person, Mario B.

Martha's 3 generations of users is great that they all love these products but it also takes good too great genes playing a big part in good looking skin well into ages 60,70,80+.

@Sooner  Thanks for your testimonials on many of these products. Sounds like you really do like using them because they serve you and your skin well.  I'm glad to read your comments, thanks for posting. Makes me want to try a few.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9  I agree so much with your idea of using up what you've already paid for before buying new. 

I've seen many times an estimate that we as a nation waste about 25% of our food dollars.  I wonder if anyone has ever tried to figure out what percentage of waste we have in our beauty buys. 

I don't buy all that much any longer, but I'm convinced there's been huge waste in my own house over the years.  In fact, if I'd get busy and really clean out my whole bathroom/bedroom storage areas at one time and toss just items more than 5 years old, I doubt I'd want to tell anyone how many dollars I'd just burned away!

Honored Contributor

Well, Beauties, I cancelled my order from last night and reordered it today (free shipping).  Why should I pay $3 more when I don't have to?  Can't wait to get it.  I wish QVC would hire more people for the holidays in the shipping rooms.  So many other large companies have way faster shipping than the Q.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee.   Perhaps you should get samples to see if you like it.  If you are completely content then don't budge from your philosophy.  I recently purchased the Renewed Hope in a Jar in the ornaments from their website for gifts.  I am surprised that this Mario B. did not have holiday sets.  Holiday packaging is always a plus.  QVC needs to get their beauty lines to give samples.  It can't cost that much to place some product into a plastic-paper envelope.  That is how women find new products to try.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Regal Bee.   Perhaps you should get samples to see if you like it.  If you are completely content then don't budge from your philosophy.  I recently purchased the Renewed Hope in a Jar in the ornaments from their website for gifts.  I am surprised that this Mario B. did not have holiday sets.  Holiday packaging is always a plus.  QVC needs to get their beauty lines to give samples.  It can't cost that much to place some product into a plastic-paper envelope.  That is how women find new products to try.

@Katcat1  I should get samples, you are right.

My skin has never looked better than it does in the three years I have used Philosophy. I am just devoted. 

But, I do get stuck sometimes. Thank you! Smiley Tongue