Trusted Contributor

Re: Who is taking the Mario Badescu Plunge?

@KatCat1  I am not purchasing anything today. But Mario Badescu line is something that I would love to try (once I use up more of my skincare stash). @wvufan  I heard so many good things about the Rosewater mist. It is definitely on my list to try from their line.

It looks like the line did really well tonight. The 50 plus and the teen kits are sold out.

Honored Contributor

@DottyPPPPP wrote:

I thought at least for the first show the Doctor would have been on with her.  He could have at least phoned it in.

The show was very nice, but I didn't hear very much about the ingredients.  A Philosophy

presentation gives more info. lol

I may be wrong about this, but isn't Mr. Badescu "no longer with us?"

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Not interested. First martha bored me to tears and seemed to know very little about the products hence the need for the 25 year old women “helping.” How about the caller who asked a question martha had no idea and passed it to the young lady who also didn’t really address it knowledheably. Martha unfortunately is just not endearing and i was surprised to see sell outs. How many times did she brag and compliment herself? Yuk and i felt bad for Shawn. Second, looked up the products ingredients and they have a lot of irritants in them. I’m pretty sensitive so that’s a no no. Third the kits go by age instead of skin type so I feel like they are more general use / all skin types and won’t help much with my dry skin.
Trusted Contributor

When I saw Martha who no doubt gets a kick back from this line it turned me off ...I like her (enough) but not with this new selling cosmetics for someone else. she has her hand in way too many things IMHO.

I will stick with my Elemis, SkinMedica and Dr Gross Smiley Happy

I think M. Badusco has very decent prices...I like that.

It's so fair unlike most skincare...but it would've been great if he called in at least. Martha had a slightly confused look at times as if she wasn't sure of a few of the products. Very sublte you can tell she is new to selling this kind of thing (IMHO)

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

My plunge was taken some time ago with products specific that met specific needs. The only thing I currently use is the AHA body wash, which I obviously like a lot.

I watched most of the presentation, but I don't think either Martha's or Kim's explanations, (if you could call them that) did justice to the products.

It's a little old school with the cleansing & toning, but nobody could really say why the toning step was necessary.

The only thing I picked up by way of information was that Martha uses a mask every day. I think her skin proves that time and effort is worthwhile for beautiful skin appearance.

It's a shame they couldn't be more helpful to the caller,Tina who asked about sensitive, rosacea skin.

@KatCat1

You would use JM milk "serum" first, then the moisturizer. I'll be watching for your review!

Honored Contributor

His products are great, the Rosewater Spray  and drying lotion is a staple in my life. I prefer to order from his site or got to Ulta little or no shipping

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I have used the eyecreams for years, I think they are some of the best in the business!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I’m sticking w/ my Skinsceuticals routine. Yes, expensive, but has worked great for my for many years and if “it ain’t broke, why fix it.”

I vowed not to be swayed by every new skin lotion and potion that came along. I’ve cleared out my cabinets of everything that didn’t work, added extra unnessary steps (toners), different creams for day and night (the same one works for both) & have streamlined my skincare and makeup routines. 

It takes me 10-15 minutes in the morning (if doing day makeup) and only 10 minutes at night to cleanse, moisturize and treat. 

Regular Contributor

@dusty1 wrote:

I am using the MB Vit C Serum & I really like it.

I think it is evening out my complexion. I've only been using it for about 2 weeks.

When you say evening out your complexion do you mean evening out skin tone?  I'm looking for something reasonablly priced that will do that.

Honored Contributor

I checked out the ingredients on the Ulta site, now I know why she never said it was a natural line. Contains parabens, petrolatum, and lots of other chemicals and artificial colors.

Also, plenty of it listed on ebay.