Respected Contributor

Re: Who are your top three youtube beauty gurus?

On 4/2/2014 patty said:
On 3/31/2014 Luvmycats said:

OMG...who has time to watch YouTube- Not the least bit interested in people who video themselves!!!

And yet, here you are, on the QVC forums. All. the. time.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

One thing I wish the gurus would do is separate the skin care from the makeup videos.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Valued Contributor

Oh Carol show

Mattie Roberts

Elle is for Living

AnniesBeautyLife channel (she is young, in her twenties, but has good info. for all)

PJsBeautyShop (woman in her forties who is a cancer survivor)

rsxtrmom (70 and still a beauty junky. My inspiration. Lol!)

Sorry, I know it's more than three. But I think they are all great.

I love watching the youtube beauty shows when I am doing a beauty treatment. There is no one in my area who is into health and beauty so I get my inspiration from people online. Youtube or on the boards.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch any of them. Not being judgmental (just mean that I watch so much TV and stuff, I don't have time to watch them).

However, my granddaughters (soon 11 and 12) (especially the 12 year old) watches as many as her Mom will let her. The kid knows so much about makeup.

The funny thing is that she isn't allowed to wear any of it out of the house. These girls (her friends) have sleepovers and they bring their makeup and put it on and play with it.

My daughter (their Mother) doesn't wear much makeup (little on the eyes, sunscreen, etc), but she let's her daughter play with it. She makes her remove it afterward with excellent makeup remover. They all have beautiful skin.

So, to sum up, I hear about a lot of young girls that love to watch those videos too. I haven't asked her which one she likes. She has mentioned the "lipstick queen". Is that one of the videos?

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2014 ChristianGirl said:

1. Kandee Johnson

2. Marlena (MakeupGeek.com)

3. Tiffany D. (Makeup by Tiffany D).

4. Emily Noel

They are my favs also including Wayne Goss.
Super Contributor

Goss for certain, jury is still out on all of the others for now !!

Esteemed Contributor

The only one I watch with any regularity is Mattie Roberts. I like her. She is funny and gets to the point quickly.

I do not like videos that go on for any longer than 10 minutes, just get to it. I want to watch them like potato chips. Smiley Happy

(edited)

Super Contributor

Does anyone know the name of the woman who lives in Switzerland but she is actually Canadian? I can't remember her youtube name and I've lost her. She was one of the most followed a couple of years ago. She also does excellent book reviews.

Respected Contributor

Just found out about Brianna Stanko and theluxebabe. Very ""high-end"" stuff. I love it.

Respected Contributor

On 4/5/2014 ilovedaisies said:

Does anyone know the name of the woman who lives in Switzerland but she is actually Canadian? I can't remember her youtube name and I've lost her. She was one of the most followed a couple of years ago. She also does excellent book reviews.

Eva Unlimited ?