Super Contributor

Re: Who are your top three youtube beauty gurus?

Love Lisa Eldridge and EmilyNoel83. I think Emily puts out a larger number product review videos so I end up watching her if there's a particular beauty product I'm interested in.

Super Contributor

On 3/31/2014 Luvmycats said:

OMG...who has time to watch YouTube- Not the least bit interested in people who video themselves!!!

It doesn't take that much time to watch Wayne Goss especially. His vids are usually short and sweet. I prefer to watch the videos to reading reviews at times. You get to see the application, the packaging, and the true colors. They usually state what skin tone it is more suited for. What the wear time is and they often suggest dupes that you may already own or that may be more in line with your budget. You just pick and choose what is useful to you.

Super Contributor

Most of the women who talk about beauty on youtube aren't professional makeup artists, but they sure have taught me a lot about what makeup is out there and some new ideas about using it. Maybe I'm weird, but makeup is also kind of a hobby with me. It's nice to share the ins and outs with others who feel the same way. I also enjoy the people on youtube who review books because I love to read.

Super Contributor

On 4/1/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 4/1/2014 rina33 said:
On 4/1/2014 rina33 said:

In fact, Uppiesbeads59 and other top beauty gurus just did a collab video called:

"20 Head to Toe Beauty Secrets of Women Over 30". Great ANTI-AGING tips!

Fabulous!

They should've included CurlyWavyDiane in the collab videos, but she's not over 30. Nevertheless, she does fantastic info-videos.

No, they shouldn't have. Your own sentence even explains why. I love her reviews, but I hate it when 20-somethings do anti-aging product videos and say product does or doesn't work because they simply can't know that. It's inappropriate and not at all useful.

That's like when Georgio Armani hired Megan Fox as the face for their anti-aging skincare line before she was even 25 years old.

I love most of those ladies, but I didn't learn anything new in that collab.

Contributor

On 3/31/2014 Luvmycats said:

OMG...who has time to watch YouTube- Not the least bit interested in people who video themselves!!!

And yet, here you are, on the QVC forums. All. the. time.

Trusted Contributor

Fun thread! I just recently got into these YouTube videos and have fun watching them - learn quite a few tips too. Uppiesbeads59 is a favorite - so is Hotandflashy. A couple others - MakeupMLC and Rxstrmom. All of these are for the over 40-women. Rxstrmom is 70, the oldest, I believe, and she's a hoot. Not quite as professional as some others but still really down-to-earth. MakeupMLC is not only about makeup and skincare, but she also has lost nearly 95 lbs and sometimes does videos about the weight-loss journey. Uppiesbeads59 is a licensed aesthetician and really is into skincare - her daily routine is far more than I could ever do or afford! Uses a lot of high-end products. These four are my favorites but you have mentioned others here so I will have to check into them.

Esteemed Contributor

No doubt these YouTube people love makeup and beauty products, they have some degree of expertise, but most of are doing it to get free stuff from the manufacturers It's working -- because they are inundated with products from brands ranging from the big brands to the little start ups.

I'm not hating because I think the bloggers have worked the system of respectfully getting free stuff. Good for them because this perky door used to only be open to people who worked at magazines, marketing firms, and others considered to be insiders (like store buyers, and shopping channel buyers and host).

Valued Contributor

I'm a huge fan of Pixiwoo and of course, Wayne Goss.

Contributor

EmilyNoel83

Jaclyn Hill

Chloe Morello

Frequent Contributor

1. Kandee Johnson

2. Marlena (MakeupGeek.com)

3. Tiffany D. (Makeup by Tiffany D).

4. Emily Noel