Honored Contributor

Re: Who Was it That Posted About the Powdered Drink...

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I bought the Pure Boost Energy Drink Sticks.  They'll be more convenient for him.  Also added some Propel Packets to my WM pickup order for tomorrow.  Thank you.

@monicakm  I no longer drink pop (DH still does sometimes).  We drink electrolytes daily.  At home, scooping from a jar is fine, but we also find these stick packets to be convenient for taking to a restaurant or when we're traveling.  Make sure your husband doesn't overdo it with them. He should evaluate the electrolytes he's getting through diet and supplement accordingly.  Certain daily amount are needed, but too much is dangerous for the heart.  That needs to be taken seriously.  He can always use partial packets if he's drinking a lot of water throughout his workday.  Also, the contents fizzes and foams up at first so tell him to take a drink of water from his bottle before adding the powder, to prevent the mini volcano overflowing the bottle. 

Honored Contributor

I saw an ad for Pedialyte powder packs but haven't been able to find any locally.  I don't work outside very much in the Alabama summer 

With only 1 kidney I'm told I need a lot of water.

I like water but it does get boring.

I used to drink the ICE drinks, may go back to them.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I saw an ad for Pedialyte powder packs but haven't been able to find any locally.  I don't work outside very much in the Alabama summer 

Your choices are none of my business, but be careful with them, @software   They contain sucralose, which upsets gut health. I do use some things that contain sucralose, but in very limited amounts.  For those products I use, I'm always trying to find other/better options. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Drythe 

Not even Stevia?  It's' not an artificial sweetner.  It comes from the leaves of the stevia plant.

@monicakm 

No. Not even Stevia.  I also have a couple of AI issues, but unrelated to them, also can't tolerate artificial sweeteners.

Wishing for powdered electrolytes- unflavored, no sweeteners.

I know Stevia comes from plants, but my body doesn't care!  Says No!

Best Wishes to you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@Drythe 

Not even Stevia?  It's' not an artificial sweetner.  It comes from the leaves of the stevia plant.

@monicakm 

No. Not even Stevia.  I also have a couple of AI issues, but unrelated to them, also can't tolerate artificial sweeteners.

Best Wishes to you.

@Drythe   Check Amazon for Keto K1000 Unflavored. 

5F84CEF3-D249-461E-AD60-0394FC0E5C3B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@Drythe 

@monicakm 

Best Wishes to you.

Stevia is often combined with Erythritol (Truvia uses this) to cut the extreme sweetness so you can use it more like sugar.  Maybe that's the issue.  

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

Like cilantro, I am missing the plain water gene.  I CAN drink it but I'm not a fan.  Cilantro...is a NO!  I'm missing that gene too.  It tastes like soap to me (and a lot of people).  It's thought that the percentage is 4 to 14%.  

I've seen the Arnold Palmer drinks at WM.  My mother orders one when we go out to eat.  I think he's looking for much needed nutrients he sweats out.

@monicakm I'm one of those people who can't eat cilantro because it tastes like soap to me. 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@Drythe 

@monicakm 

Best Wishes to you.

@Drythe   Check Amazon for Keto K1000 Unflavored. 

5F84CEF3-D249-461E-AD60-0394FC0E5C3B.jpeg

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thank you, this is now on my wish list.

@Icegoddess 

Something about artificial sweeteners, sets off a 'sinus storm' with me. More appropriately a 'mucus  storm' 🤧.  I just stay away, but thanks for the thought.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@software wrote:

Your choices are none of my business, but be careful with them, @software   They contain sucralose, which upsets gut health. I do use some things that contain sucralose, but in very limited amounts.  For those products I use, I'm always trying to find other/better options. 

Good point.

I would probably only drink 1 or   2 a day.

I drink about 100 oz of water a day and it's still no enough to satisfy my nephrologist.  I also drink coffee and maybe 1 other drink, like iced tea.  I would always do the 100 oz a day, the ICE drinks would not be a substitute, only a "treat" to beat the boredom of water.

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda 

Thank you.  I've added Drip Drops to my list.  We've got Pure Boost coming today and bought some Propel yesterday.