Honored Contributor

Who Uses (or Used) LancomeTeint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation?

I got sample a few months ago and just this past week tried it for the first  time.  I LOVE it!  I've been wearing Bye Bye Foundation (Oil Free Matte) and Rare Beauty's foundation.  Both were "fine".  Both looked great going on (with enough prep) and both lasted all day but both were too dry and even more so in the winter.  The Lancome is like a breath of fresh air...light (but with nice coverage) and "skin like".  

So who else uses it and what has been your experience?  I don't know how it will wear during the hot Texas weather in the Spring, pre-Summer, Summer, extended Summer, early Fall (but still Summer) weather.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who Uses (or Used) LancomeTeint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation?

@monicakm , I use it because it is an exact match in 90. It oxidizes minimally so it is a great match for very fair porcelain complexions. It's also great for sensitive skin.

Like yourself, I recommend it....

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

My sample is in shade 220 Buff C.  I'm more neutral tho.  The next neutral down the list is 260 Bisque Neutral but hopefully I'll be able to test the color or take home a sample.  Thanks for your review!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I got sample a few months ago and just this past week tried it for the first  time.  I LOVE it!  I've been wearing Bye Bye Foundation (Oil Free Matte) and Rare Beauty's foundation.  Both were "fine".  Both looked great going on (with enough prep) and both lasted all day but both were too dry and even more so in the winter.  The Lancome is like a breath of fresh air...light (but with nice coverage) and "skin like".  

So who else uses it and what has been your experience?  I don't know how it will wear during the hot Texas weather in the Spring, pre-Summer, Summer, extended Summer, early Fall (but still Summer) weather.

@monicakm  - I'm surprised you're wearing the Bye Bye Foundation since you said it was the worst purchase for 2020 in the other thread.

Honored Contributor

I have it and like the Teint Idole. On me it provides medium to full coverage.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I wore that foundation from the time it was launched in 1997 until just the last year.  It has been reformulated about 3 times and each time it got better.  It gives my favorite finish and agree it is skin like.  I have always had normal skin but now at 63 my skin has become drier and I don't care for they way it makes my forehead look.  I had always used the lightest cool shade but the last few years I have gotten even more pale so it is now a little too dark.  

I have been in all kinds of conditions over the years and it always wore well, no reapplication needed ever. 

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   Hope you had a good holiday. Any foundation, like IT, that's oil free and matte is going to be drying. that type of foundation is better for very oily skin. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal   I replied that oil free and matte are expected to be dry and better suited to oily skin types. I've never tried the Lancome one. Confused here, too.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

LOL, well that's how I knew it was the worst (for me) product for 2020.  I live in a very remote area and it takes over an  hour to get to any kind of decent stores (aka not Walmart).  I've also had a bone on bone knee since May.  Can't drive.  Surgery in Feb.  I bought  the Rare Beauty to replace the IT foundation.  I liked it at first but it didn't wear well on me.  Both accentuated fine lines after being on for awhile.  The Lancome is a sample size.  I'm hoping to get to the city SOON to get some more.  Is that a better explanation?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Sorry for the confusion.  Yes I've worn it till a this past week and yes I don't like it.  I alternate between it and the Rare Beauty because it's all I have at the time.  Hoping to get to the city SOON for the Lancome foundation.