Honored Contributor

Re: Who Uses (or Used) LancomeTeint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation?

I liked it but I can't wear makeup with added perfume. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse 

I have the sample tube right here and had to smell it.  I didn't recall it having a fragrance or at least one that I thought was overly fragranced.  I like it!  Very fresh and light...but I'm a fragrance nut!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I liked it but I can't wear makeup with added perfume. 

@GenXmuse, I am allergic to makeup with fragrance and this foundation has no fragrance added or listed on the ingredient list.

Right now, I see that if you are a first time buyer there is 20% off. Also Facebook had a 20% off coupon that worked on the website.

Honored Contributor

@persiflage wrote:

I wore that foundation from the time it was launched in 1997 until just the last year.  It has been reformulated about 3 times and each time it got better.  It gives my favorite finish and agree it is skin like.  I have always had normal skin but now at 63 my skin has become drier and I don't care for they way it makes my forehead look.  I had always used the lightest cool shade but the last few years I have gotten even more pale so it is now a little too dark.  

I have been in all kinds of conditions over the years and it always wore well, no reapplication needed ever. 

@persiflage, I was told that they added two new shades for very fair skin...85 and 90. I am porcelain and wear 90. The 85 is probably one of the lightest makeups I have ever seen in the marketplace. It is even more fair than Alabaster by Bobbi Brown. I think they may have reformulated too and the application is easier and it seems to have more slip. Hope that may be of some help.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

Sorry for the confusion.  Yes I've worn it till a this past week and yes I don't like it.  I alternate between it and the Rare Beauty because it's all I have at the time.  Hoping to get to the city SOON for the Lancome foundation.

@monicakm   Yes, that explains it all. Hope your knee feels better quickly and you can get your bottle/tube of Lancome. Enjoy your Sunday. 

Frequent Contributor

I use it. I works well for me. I went on Lancome's website and did a match thru my phone. I wear 110. I use a flat top brush with it and just dab and swirl. It's the best I've found as I get north of 70 because it covers the lines without emphasis. I used Bareminerals for years but this is better now. I've never had much luck with IT.

Frequent Contributor

You can do match on Lancome's website thru your phone.

Valued Contributor

I tried it sometime ago and had to return it. It did wear well on my very oily skin, however, the shade just didn't work for me. 

Honored Contributor

@artycat 

Thanks!  I'll give that a try and see if their 20% off is equal to or less than what it is at Sephora.

Trusted Contributor

I purchased it during Ulta's sale and it arrived on Christmas Eve. I watched 2 YouTubers who have dry to extremely dry skin test it out and both raved about it. The only reason I was interested was due to the shade range; the 85 ivorie Neutral is pale enough for me. 

So far, it's been a great match but HORRIBLE on my dry to very dry skin. I have not used it with a damp BB yet so maybe that will help but so far, it's not working even with VERY moisturized skin. It could be the sunscreen they use (a chemical one) that is not working with my skin. Or maybe it will be a better choice come summer in Florida; the temps are climbing back up into the 80's starting tomorrow so...we'll see.

There is no fragrance at all which surprised me considering Lancome stuff usually smells of perfume; not this time. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"