Honored Contributor

Re: Who Makes a Really Great Eyecream?

@Shanus 

I tried the BB Face Base and it broke me out.  One other "face" cream was as emollient and did the same thing so I guess my face can't take such a heavy product.  I'd be afraid to try the eye product from BB.  I do use squalane oil at night as a last step.  Thanks

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  I like to use elderberry eye gel by The Body Shop. I put it below the bag. Not right on the bag. It's nice and light for daytime moisture. You say you have some crinkles like smile lines. This would be light and great on them too. You would need less than a lentil size for both areas. The gel goes a long way.

At night, good old Eucerin cream works well. Very emolient through the night. I use on face, heels. elbows and knees.

IMO, sometimes the old standards are the best. I use Vaseline on my lips. Just a tiny swipe before putting on liner/lipstick.

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector 

I love everything I've tried in this line (Kiehls)

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

I had a couple of samples of the Shiseido product.  It was nice but of course it wasn't enough to see a difference.  

Honored Contributor

@Queen of shop 

Elderberry eye gel.  I had no idea that was a thing Smiley Surprised  Thanks.  I'll look into that.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  The Body Shop has a REALLY nice carrot face cream. It used to come in a black jar. Now it is in a tube. The cream is orange but does not show up orange on your face. I get complments about my skin a lot. All that good carotene.

I also use their banana shampoo. So lush.

I've been using The Body Shop products since they first came here from UK late 70's. I like that it is run by women and they help other women worldwide to run there own businesses by growing the organic ingredients.

You can go to a Body Shop in a Mall or order from Amazon.

OH!! Their peppermint foot lotion is wonderful.

Honored Contributor

The PTR product is $125 at Sephora

Esteemed Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Shanus Is there any eye cream safe to put on the eyelid? 

I have always used eye creams (regardless of the brand)  on my eyelids at night.  But never during the day if  I am going to apply eyeshadow.   

Hmm I have always used eye cream and/or regular facial moisturizer under my eyes and on my lids, even under makeup. 🤷‍♀️

@BExplorer  ..  I'll have to try putting eye creams on my lids under makeup.  

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

I have always used eye creams (regardless of the brand)  on my eyelids at night.  But never during the day if  I am going to apply eyeshadow.   

Hmm I have always used eye cream and/or regular facial moisturizer under my eyes and on my lids, even under makeup. 🤷‍♀️

@Boehm Collector I will be interested to know if you notice a difference. 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@BExplorer  I'll definitely let you know.   

@BExplorer wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector I will be interested to know if you notice a difference. 😊