Honored Contributor

Who Makes a Really Great Eyecream?

I'm looking for a really great eyecream to battle the smile crinklies.  Are the avocodo eye creams worth looking into?  I'm reading peptides are important.  I'm using two eyecreams.  Morning is OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright w/ Vit C.  Evening is Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb.  I also use a Vit C serum.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Who Makes a Really Great Eyecream?

@monicakm wrote:

I'm looking for a really great eyecream to battle the smile crinklies.  Are the avocodo eye creams worth looking into?  I'm reading peptides are important.  I'm using two eyecreams.  Morning is OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright w/ Vit C.  Evening is Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb.  I also use a Vit C serum.

Thanks

@monicakm   While you're trying some creams out, theonly important issues are that the day time one is not too emollient to cause concealer to not lay down or slide. At night, you need a good eye cream, but one that isn't so rich that it can cause puffiness. 

Daytime I like Bobbi Brown Vit. Enriched Eye Base which smooths, hydrates and primes the undereye. My spf has moisturizer in it and I take it up under my eyes, so the Eye Base is sufficient.

At night, I use Retin A almost up to the under eye and on alternate nights, I use a rich eye cream from Skinceuticals called Eye Balm. Sometimes, I'll seal in that eye cream with an oil.

I do cleanse and put on skincare at least an hour before bedtime. If not, I'm treating my pillowcase (silk, of course).

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Shanus 

My eyes don't look or feel greasy.  I know the look you're talking about.  I don't know if the Belif eye cream is enough for night time but I just got a new jar.  Here is the description.  It's more of a creamy gel.  Probably should be using something more emollient.

What it is:
A lightweight, refreshing eye cream that smooths fine lines with a 26-hour burst of moisture, boosts elasticity, and increases the resilience of the skin for flawless makeup application.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  Creamy "gel" , "lightweight" and "refreshing" are buzz words for more of a day time eye cream. I'd look for something a bit more emollient for night.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Clinique "All About Eyes Rich".  It comes in rich and in a lighter formula. I get the rich because I am dry.  This one helps with my slightly dark circles and my lines.  It doesn't completely take them away but I do notice a difference when I stop using it. I put it on again at night.

Honored Contributor

Mad Hippie has an excellent ingredient deck. I've tried others but always return to MH.  It's now a staple for me. 

Honored Contributor

Battling issues around eyes certainly doesn't happen over night regardless of which brand you use.

I have OR HAD dark circles. This was my main eye concern. I only use Isomers for my facial products. There are many great products for eyes that take care of dark circles, puffy eyes, crows feet, wrinkles above the brows. I use them all and all of what I use WORKS. I do switch out daily which eye serums or creams I go for, they all work, I'm very pleased after a few years of usage. They are not sticky, tacky, greasy -0 none of this as well. Makeup goes on perfectly.

Yes, it takes some time to see results but I do so I know what I do for myself IS working.

After I do apply fingertip control of IT foundation and byebye pores, and coverup under my eyes, you would not know what I may 'battle' on my complexion which makes me feel good, look good, ready to face my world.

Honored Contributor

My fave is the avocado eye cream by Kiehls-----have bought it a few times after actually using it up. I have crinkles under my eyes along the obital bone and that seems to do the job. Not removing them but softening and moisturizing that area.

Respected Contributor

I don't know if it is great but I like Kora Organics Berry Bright vitamin c eye cream. It really smooths the area under my eyes and my concealer does well over it.

Esteemed Contributor

I swear by Dr. Denese eye cream. I've tried them all and got results. My favorite is the Collegan firming eye cream. I use it am & pm. I can't be without it.