Trusted Contributor

Who Is Still Using the Tria Age-Defying Laser?

I returned mine because I wasn't seeing results. For those of you who kept the Tria face laser (not the hair removal thing), what results have you seen?

Wonder why it hasn't been back on QVC?

Super Contributor

Re: Who Is Still Using the Tria Age-Defying Laser?

I still have mine, but haven't used it in quite awhile. I did two 12 week treatments. I thought I was seeing some benefits at the time, but it's hard to really say. Curious to hear about anyone else's results.
Valued Contributor

I charged mine today,because one of my brown spots is starting to peek through again. I haven't seen them(brown spots) in about 6 months. I think I will use it some on that area. I don't want to go through days and days of treatments again, just a few times to head of the spots. I guess there were so many problems, QVC decided not to offer it again. I didn't have any problems with the unit. Mine always worked perfectly. It just isn't very pleasant to use.

Super Contributor

On 3/16/2015 gtx said:

I charged mine today,because one of my brown spots is starting to peek through again. I haven't seen them(brown spots) in about 6 months. I think I will use it some on that area. I don't want to go through days and days of treatments again, just a few times to head of the spots. I guess there were so many problems, QVC decided not to offer it again. I didn't have any problems with the unit. Mine always worked perfectly. It just isn't very pleasant to use.

I kick myself for not getting the Tria TSV for this very reason... I have some slight brown spots I wanted to treat myself. Glad you had good results with it.

Trusted Contributor

It is still available on the Tria site. I'd like to see it back on Q.

Super Contributor

Just kicking because I'm interested, too. I returned mine because it darkened my skin, but I really enjoyed how easy it was. Some were happy with it, and I'd love to hear from them now (and hope they're still happy!).

Occasional Contributor

Still using mine. Tria replaced it after it wouldn't hold a charge. It was before the warranty expired and they sent a brand new on to me. I've gone through 3 sessions. My skin always looks 10 years older when its going through it, but 1 month after its smooth and even toned. I use retin-a between sessions, with the new neutrogena hylauranic cream over top. I think i got my moneys worth as i don't have any brown marks on my skin any more. Just wanted to add that to prevent the darkening of the skin, i used an exfoliator with salicylic acid to remove the rough, brown, dead skin. You can actually see the brown flakes on the cotton! Gross, but effective. You need to appy a pretty thick moisturizer after the treatment.
Super Contributor

On 3/17/2015 Queeniesmom said: Still using mine. Tria replaced it after it wouldn't hold a charge. It was before the warranty expired and they sent a brand new on to me. I've gone through 3 sessions. My skin always looks 10 years older when its going through it, but 1 month after its smooth and even toned. I use retin-a between sessions, with the new neutrogena hylauranic cream over top. I think i got my moneys worth as i don't have any brown marks on my skin any more. Just wanted to add that to prevent the darkening of the skin, i used an exfoliator with salicylic acid to remove the rough, brown, dead skin. You can actually see the brown flakes on the cotton! Gross, but effective. You need to appy a pretty thick moisturizer after the treatment.

I'm so happy for you! I was SO excited to try/use this and even though I wasn't seeing GREAT changes, I was seeing enough where I thought I'd keep it. But about the last week of the protocol my skin got REALLY dark (think George Hamilton fake tan -- I called it my Tria Tan) and THEN I notice on the box it said "if your skin darkens, discontinue immediately". It didn't take too long for it to return to normal, but I was really disappointed I couldn't keep using it. Hope it continues to help you look great!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/16/2015 ElvisShops said:

I returned mine because I wasn't seeing results. For those of you who kept the Tria face laser (not the hair removal thing), what results have you seen?

Wonder why it hasn't been back on QVC?

I was one of those who initially received a defective unit. Tria replaced it with another defective unit, so I returned it. I was very disappointed and am unsure if I'd be willing to try one again.

For those interested in trying it, mark your calendars for April 23rd. According to Insider, it will be the TSV on that date.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Valued Contributor

Mine did not show results at least not much. I find I had better results with the micro current devices.