Regular Contributor

Re: Who Is Still Using the Tria Age-Defying Laser?

I have been religious about the 8 weeks on/ 4 weeks off. Day one of Tria was April 1st of last year. I also use it on the backs of my hands and forearms in hopes of helping with brown spots. I keep the BE powder sunscreen in my center console and try to remember to swipe on the hands and arms.

I will say, that since I started the TRIA, I have been religious about sunscreen. I live in California and spend 8 months of the year with the top down.

As a side note, the Tria and the Nuface together....i'm coming up on my 45th birthday and my skin and face look better than they have in a LONG time.

I think some folks were disappointed because they were expecting dr's office results. I don't think any at home device can do that. I can't turn back the clock, but if I can slow those hands of father time, i'm all over itSmiley Happy

Fyi...If you do purchase, MAKE SURE TO TAKE PICS ON DAY 1! Results happen subtly over time. I knew there was a subtle change, but at 6 months, I noticed a definite softening of lines when I looked at day 1 pics and the 6 month mark. Looking a year later, that they are softened, AND no newbies popping up makes me pretty happy. since adding the miracle worker pads, the '1' has drastically diminished over the last few weeks.

Super Contributor

5pugmom, thank you for the info. You're an inspiration! Off to dust off my devices. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Regular Contributor

Just stick to it! When I got mine last year, I said I expected to see something by Christmas. I wanted to be realistic. I and I did see changes. Excited to see the new one they are bringing.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Krissie2 said:
On 3/22/2015 zgirl said:
On 3/20/2015 Krissie2 said:
On 3/19/2015 zgirl said:

Can you use retinol products while doing the treatment?

Some people did, and some even continued Retin A (I was one) while using the Tria. If you search this forum there are some old threads that many of us contributed to when the Tria Laser was the TSV previously, and there is a tremendous amount of info on those threads.

ETA: The threads I am referencing are titled Tria Day one, two, etc., then Tria week ____, and continue that way.

Thank you Krissie2! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} What retinol did you use and what strength was it? How often and when did you use?

I believe I was using Retin A .50 strength at the time, every other night, about 30 minutes after using the Tria. I had already been using Retin A, so my skin was used to it.There was a lot of discussion in the threads about whether this was too much for the skin at one time, with good opinions on both sides.HTH {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I don't use Tria but I have had laser and my derm would not let me use anything other than a moisturizer and makeup while healing. Hope that helps.

Super Contributor

I'm about to start a series of ClearLift amla laser treatments. Excited and also time to Botox the 11's.

With a little research on flash sale sites like Groupon, you can get the real deal that works and takes so much less time and effort. I've followed several beauty forums and it is a rare bird that sticks to these appliances to the point of seeing results. I know that is me! I take the money and get have a pro do it.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!