Honored Contributor

Re: Who Has The Best Body Cream, Josie, Beekman, or First Aid Beauty?

[ Edited ]

I think this stuff is wonderful! It's a treatment product and you don't need to apply very much. Skin feels super hydrated and soft. Also makes an excellent neck cream. Customer Pick on HSN.

Skinn® Cosmetics Collagenesis Deep Wrinkle Protocol Body Butter - $52

skinn-cosmetics-collagenesis-deep-wrinkle-protocol-body-d-2019051513324895_656430.jpg

Super Contributor

I have all 3, live in SO Cal so I don't get really dry.  My favorite is Josie's Body Butter, I love the consistency and the variety of smells some are hit or miss.  Beekman is nice too, but I find that I will purposely by a Josie Body without being in a kit, Beekman I will get it in a kit and I am fine with it that way but have never bought it as a stand alone item.  FAB is really nice too.

Contributor

I have tried them all.  My skin is extremely dry and Josie works the best for me by far.

No question - Perlier!  From Italy....need I say more!  I've been using for 20+ years and my skin looks amazing.  Love not aging!

Honored Contributor

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream is the only thing I've tried that works for the crepe skin on my arms. I've tried just about everything posters have mentioned.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think this stuff is wonderful! It's a treatment product and you don't need to apply very much. Skin feels super hydrated and soft. Also makes an excellent neck cream. Customer Pick on HSN.

Skinn® Cosmetics Collagenesis Deep Wrinkle Protocol Body Butter - $52

skinn-cosmetics-collagenesis-deep-wrinkle-protocol-body-d-2019051513324895_656430.jpg

Yes! Skinn Deep Wrinkle Protocol Body Butter for the win! It's face moisturizer quality but rich for the body. Great stuff. I love it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@monie monie wrote:
Or another brand? My skin is extremely dry in the winter,
and I'm thinking about ordering Beekmans upcoming TSV. I'm still on waitlist for Josie's last TSV.

Please forgive in advance if there's already a similar thread.

@monie monie   I have tried several times with the Beekman Body Creams and they do nothing for me.  The soap dried me out like a prune, and the shampoo bar had my hair in a knot because it stripped every bit of oil out of my hair.  I do love their presentations and I keep getting tempted and trying things with no luck. 

Hands down for me, Josie has the best and most nourishing body butter around.  My sister, however, finds that Josie's Divine Drip works best for her.  She has abnormally dry skin and she thinks it's because it contains honey is why it works so well for her.   

Honored Contributor

I have very sensitive skin  I use Eucerin original healing for veru dry sensitive skin fragrance free.  Its more like a heavy cream but i like  i put it on my face too.  I get a jar and it lasts for months.  You don't need a lot.  Good luckSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

One of the biggest cause of dry skin in the winter is hot water. It's normal to want to stay warm while bathing and during the cold weather we tend to use more hot water to stay warm in the bathroom. It's not so bad in the summer when cooler water is refreshing...but not in the winter! 

Apply some kind of moisture barrier as soon as you finish bathing. Put it on while your skin is still damp.

Get a humidifier in your house.

ETA - Try using a moisturizing wash during the winter. 

We had a humidifier installed on our furnace when we built out house in 1982. This provided such an amazing difference as far elimination of static electricity, dry, itchy skin and breathing issues especially for my daughter who was very young as the time. I do have had dry skin all of my life and certainly cannot give up my creams  but I can't be without a humidifier.

Respected Contributor

Of the 3 brands you listed.... Beekman is my preference.

The Beekman body creams are moisturizing,  but completely absorbed into the skin quickly.  And I love the fragrance choices as well as the unscented Pure.

The First Aid Beauty products are much thicker, but I don't find them more moisturizing and they don't absorb as quickly.   Also I don't care for the scents or the unscented either.

I haven't used the Josie but reading the reviews,  they don't appear to absorb quickly.

I also adore Perlier body creams and body butters.... available on HSN.  Perlier has a range of scents and different body creams/butters are different levels of moisture and thickness.  Some are very light and some are very rich.

I've used Korres also and don't care for it either.  I find it doesn't absorb quickly and the scents I've tried are too strong for me.

Bottom line.... go for the Beekman body cream.

TSV is an excellent value.   I just ordered the assorted version on auto-ship,  even tho I could stock the Q warehouse with my Beekman and Perlier supply already.

Beekman body cream is good for all skin types (my opinion) and all climates.... moisturizing but not heavy.

It absorbs quickly into the skin.  For me,  it's a 12 month body cream.... even in the heat of summer and snow in the northeast.

For extra dry skin needs in the coldest winter months,  I like the Perlier Shea Butter body creams.  Lavender, citrus, and vanilla shea are my favorites.   But they are much thicker and need a minute to be fully absorbed into the skin.