Respected Contributor

Re: Who Has The Best Body Cream, Josie, Beekman, or First Aid Beauty?

Agreeing with @tucsongal , I find that all these luxury body creams are pretty similar. (I have tried all three, Josie, Beekman and First Aid Beauty).  But I enjoy Perlier's scents and richness the most, more than the other three you mentioned.

Honored Contributor

WEN Nourishing Intensive Body Treatment, in my opinion, is far superior than any of the ones the OP listed.  I was a Josie Maran. Body butter lover until the WEN NIBT launched & I've never looked back.  WEN NIBT truly does nourish my skin & doesn't feel in the least bit greasy, even when I add treatment oil to it.  I also have a jar of Philosophy Body Soufflé from this summer's TSV, but every time I wear it my husband says my skin feels greasy.  I love the scent, so I still wear it, but when I run out I won't purchase it again.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Cera Ve... Widely available and, to me, better than the rest...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Yes, i agree with her,i also like carols daughter body  butters, nice ,and smell great.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Philosophy.

I've been using their Amazing Grace Body Emulsion for many years.  And I use the shower gel as well.  The last couple of years I've used their Luminous Body Cream in the harshest winter months like Dec Jan and Feb.  I love all of these products.  And my skin is never dry.  I'm diabetic and this apparently is supposed to come with the territory.

Regular Contributor

I'm still on the fence as to what is my favorite body cream. As my husbands says "just pick one and stick to it"...sigh. Anyways here are some of my picks:

Josie Maran vanilla fig: I find it greasy at first going on but to me is the most long lasting.

Beekman: nice going on but I don't think it is as long lasting as Josie.

Wen treatment: 6 13 is one of my favorites. Scent and descent hydration.

Body shop: Good to try this time of year because of specials and also you can get small sizes. Available at Ulta if you don't have a body shop near you.

Korres: feels nourishing and long lasting. Combine their body butter with one of their body butter sprays and lock in moisture. 

Tweak'd: makes awesome body creams when they are available. Scents are amazing.

Pistache: Whipped Pistachio Body Butter. Great hydration and smells yummy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have VERY dry winter skin. Josie's unscented argan body butter is #1 for me!  I apply it once in the morning and never have to re-apply; my skin stays soft, supple, and moisturized all day.

A very close second is L'Occitane shea and almond creams -- superb!  I use these primarily as hand creams in my purse and after home pedicures & manicures.  The scent is lovely for my hands and feet, but more scent than I want on my entire body. 

Third is Gold Bond body cream, found in any Target, CVS, etc..  It goes on thicker and takes longer for me to rub it all in, but it too has all-day lasting benefits.  This is the least expensive great cream that I've tried that I love.  I keep this next to the sink in my kitchen.  On days I don't go into the office, I find myself nearly constantly with my hands in water -- cleaning, washing, or rinsing off.  Gold Bond is great for frequent cream touch-ups.

Beekman 1802 unscented is very nice, but does not last me all day, so I won't buy this cream again.  But their soaps are magnificent and they are all use in my shower & bath!!  They clean as well as they moisturize.  I don't have to sacrifice one for the other, like so many other moisturizing soaps & gels out there. 

Philosophy creams & lotions last a mere 15 minutes on me.  They are nothing more than scent layers, so I don't buy those anymore either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I so agree @stevieb. When weather gets really cold/skin flaky, I may change over to my Kiehl's Creme de Corps or add some oil (the Neutrogena Shower Oil) to the CeraVe. I use the one in the big tub. It's really thick and rich.

I use so much after showering in morning, baths at night, the expensive lotions aren't economical for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like First Aid Beauty and Koores on HSN.  Brought Beekman, great Marketing and Packaging, but don,t care for it as much as the sample of Koores they sent in with  it.

Esteemed Contributor

@monie monie 

@monie monie wrote:
I've seen Korres and wondered if those before and after results were real. Or maybe 5 minutes later they're skin looks the same as before.

I've ordered First Aid Beauty, Beekman, and Perlier in the past, but didn't like the scents. I may need to stick with unscented everything.

I will look into Vanicreme. I've heard the name, but never tried it.

Thanks for the responses!

Beekman,s comes unscented, but I really like First Aid also comes unscented. Last Christmas, everyone up North in cold country, loved it.