Super Contributor

Re: Who Has The Best Body Cream, Josie, Beekman, or First Aid Beauty?

My vote is for Beekman 1802, my skin drinks it in and it doesn't just sit on the surface.

Trusted Contributor

Philosophy Fresh Cream Body Souffle and 1st Aid Beauty.

Respected Contributor

This is all so subjective.

The Beekman cream is good but the scents are too strong for me and trigger my asthma and allergies, so I'm not a big fan. Someone without allergies might do better with those. I won't repurchase them for myself and would gift them only to people I don't spend much time with because of the asthma triggers.

First Aid Beauty is effective but doesn't always leave my skin feeling as soft as moisturized as I'd like. I do like that I can use it on my body or face without it feeling heavy or causing a breakout. I wish it felt more moisturizing. Sometimes I add a few drops of argan oil to it for a moisture boost. Most of the scents are light enough that I can use them withing my asthma or allergies being triggered.

Josie Maran feels the most moisturizing when applied. A little goes a long way and it can look and feel greasy if you use too much. Most of the scents are light enough for me to use without my asthma or allergies being triggered. It's effective. feels good, and I enjoy her scents most of the three listed.

Frequent Contributor

@Alison Wonderland, I agree with your entire post. I don't like Beekman scents, I liked that I could use First Aid Beauty on my face and body last winter, but didn't find it that moisturizing on my body. Josie's body butter feels the most moisturizing to me, I just wish I'd gotten it unscented.
I just ordered the Korres TSV in unscented. Hopefully, I'll like it.
Respected Contributor

I use organic, extra virgin coconut oil from the neck down.  Pat dry a bit out of the shower, take about 2 tablespoons of the oil (in winter it's soft-set), and smooth it over my skin.  After about a minute it's all melted ....then I pat a bit to blot the excess.

This stuff works great....at the end of the day when I get into my pj's my skin is still so smooth and silky.  I buy a big jar and scoop smaller amounts into a small lock and lock container, so there's no chance of broken glass in the bathroom.