Respected Contributor

Re: Who Has The Best Body Cream, Josie, Beekman, or First Aid Beauty?

I have all 3 and like all 3 BUT i have decided that I need unscented in all.  I like the scents but they don't like me.  Now First Aid Beauty is NOT greasy AT ALL.  Beekman and JM do leave a bit of a slick and you need to wait to put clothes on.  

Honored Contributor

I have very dry skin in the winter.  The best body lotion/cream I have used is Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repairing for extra dry skin, fragrance free, and it's not greasy.

I found over the years high prices of skin creams don't necessarily constitute excellent performance. 

Frequent Contributor

Wow, so many options.

Korres Yoghurt has great reviews, and the before and after pics for Vanicream are amazing.

To be honest, my skin felt it's best when I was just using Vaseline. But that's become a bad product recently (like seemingly everything).

@SilleeMee I had laugh at your post, because that is so me. A 10 minute shower will turn into 30 minutes because I don't want leave the hot water, especially when I'm washing my hair.
Occasional Contributor

Beekman 1802, my new favorite. Have been buying Josie for years but lately the body butters feels different, too greasy and the scents are starting to smell the same or odd.

Respected Contributor

@monie monie wrote:
I've seen Korres and wondered if those before and after results were real. Or maybe 5 minutes later they're skin looks the same as before.

I've ordered First Aid Beauty, Beekman, and Perlier in the past, but didn't like the scents. I may need to stick with unscented everything.

I will look into Vanicreme. I've heard the name, but never tried it.

Thanks for the responses!

I was considering buying some Korres body butter, but the reviews are all over the place on the scents. They don't sell unscented body butter, from what I've seen. The Vanilla Blossom of my sample is way too strong and artificial for me, but I can't really tell what would be okay. The yogurt and cotton versions seemed to get good reviews, but then some people said their yogurt butters smelled like bad milk. 

Just for fun, I applied the Korres again a while ago to one forearm and hand and Vanicreamto the other. After 10 minutes, the Vanicream has the edge in terms of wiping out that tissue-paper look--sort of starter crepey skin. The Korres started to lose that effect.

The Vanicream is usually under $13 for a 16-oz. tub on Amazon. Korres is more. But the second ingredient in Vanicream is petrolatum, which many people don't want in their skin-care products.

I have returned all of the Beekman stuff I ordered that had their body cream because it didn't hydrate well enough to make it worth keeping the sets, and the scents did not correspond to the soap scents to my nose. Whipping products like body butters introduces a lot of air, which means you get less actual product, so I don't think they're the best value anyway. JMO. I was beguiled by the goats.

Last thing I'll say on moisturizing cream for the body is I love the M. Asam lines and have their Resveratrol by my bed. I apply it to my hands before I put on sleeping gloves. They're big on grape seed oil and shea butter. In my experience, German skin care products are generally heavier than those made by European or U.S. firms, but that makes them ideal for winter.

Good luck with your search.

Super Contributor

I was on auto shipment for the Beekman Boys whipped body cream for a while  and I am still on my first jar.  My family and friends are the recipients of several jars because I received so many before I stopped auto ship.  And yet I've still got many more to go through, but I think I loved it at first, then it stopped being so great.  I have read that we need to change up our products so we don't get used to one.  For me, right now I use a wipe on body oil when I get out of the shower or tub, blot it, but don't wipe it off.  I've tried many, just switch from time to time and enjoy each.

Esteemed Contributor

@monie monie 

I have used all of the brands that you mentioned plus Perlier and Korres. In my opinion the best brand for dry skin are Korres products. A little goes a long way, so do not slather it on as you would a body lotion, but it does work. 

Each night before I go to bed I have been Korres  on my feet, to keep them moisturized in between my pedicure appointments. 

Esteemed Contributor

Out of those three, I've only used First Aid Beauty, and I love it.  I also use Vanicream, but my skin seems to absorb the FAB a bit better.  I would recommend either one of them.

Valued Contributor

I use a brand called GENES, VITAMAN E Creme. I get mine at Sams club but Amazon has it also. Its the best body creme I have ever used hands down.

Beckyblu

Super Contributor

I always go back to L'Occitane's body cream. It's got lots of shea but it isn't greasy. I tried Josie's body buter. That was just too greasy for me. My physical therapist's hands actually were slliding off my leg and he commented! 

Sometimes the Q has a special around now which includes L'occitane body cream. And their hand cream has a cult following!

Haven't used the Beekman. My huisband likes the First Aid Beauty. He has VERY dry skin with lots of ezcema.  Just got a sample of Korres today with my Lancome purchase from HSN.