Trusted Contributor

Who Else Loves L'oreal True Match Foundation?

I don't love to wear foundation but I am intrigued by it so I find myself testing out different brands whenever I can. I always love to find a gem at the drugstore and to me I did with L'oreal True Match. For 10 dollars this is such a great foundation that looks natural and blends so easily. There are I think 33 shades which is insane for a drugstore product. I have noticed that most drugstores don't carry all shades at once (that is asking for a lot) but you can find all shades online. It is also great for very dark/ebony skin since I know women with those rich skin tones have a hard time finding a good match. Has anyone else tried this foundation? Oh, and it has SPF 17. Love it!

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Respected Contributor

Re: Who Else Loves L'oreal True Match Foundation?

[ Edited ]

@JBKO

I adore True Match foundation.  It is every bit as good as you say.  I have dark olive skin and matching foundation has been sooooo difficult.  True Match was my very first -- true match.  I love it.  It blends smoothly, no line of demarcation and it lasts.  

Here is the funny thing.  Call it changing hormones or call it better skin care -- maybe both, but my skin has improved so much that I don't need much foundation any more.  9 days out of 10 I go with no foundation.  When I do feel I could use a little something, I go with Josie Maran's tinted moisturizer.  That's all I need these days.

Honored Contributor

I have worn True Match (not the Lumi) since it first came out.   I have tried other brands (some pretty pricey), and they don't come close.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I think True Match foundation is one of the best foundations on the market - for any price! I just recently tried the Lumi formulation and I love it! The colors are very natural looking and it's easy to get a good match. 

Honored Contributor

I am another fan of True match. I have been using it for a couple years now. They also have a matching mineral powder that I use as a daily MU and as a setting powder lightly over my liquid foundation.

Honored Contributor

The website says only selected shades have the SPF.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

The website says only selected shades have the SPF.

If your moisturizer has SPF there's no reason to exclude a terrific foundation because it does not.  You will still be protected.  There's no valid reason to have everything you apply to your face contain SPF.  

True Match feels wonderful, but I have been unsuccessful in getting a truly matched color Woman Frustrated.  Classic Tan is ok, but it needs a tad more yellow undertone for my skintone.  

Respected Contributor

I started a thread asking which to get, CG luminous or L'Oreal Tru Match lumi, tru match it was so, Saturday I am going to get one for myself.

I just hate paying $40 for a foundation anymore.

I have dry mature skin and in Mally defender  I wear  light/medium but wore light in IT CC and bare shell in BE serum foundation so, am sort of thinking #2 or #3 in either neutral or cool. I do need and like a bit of color but not one that is noticeable along the jaw line so, try to get a decent match while still giving me a bit of color.

I know I am not warm so either neutral or cool.

Honored Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

I started a thread asking which to get, CG luminous or L'Oreal Tru Match lumi, tru match it was so, Saturday I am going to get one for myself.

I just hate paying $40 for a foundation anymore.

I have dry mature skin and in Mally defender  I wear  light/medium but wore light in IT CC and bare shell in BE serum foundation so, am sort of thinking #2 or #3 in either neutral or cool. I do need and like a bit of color but not one that is noticeable along the jaw line so, try to get a decent match while still giving me a bit of color.

I know I am not warm so either neutral or cool.

I used to get the cool 3 because i am a very fair natural redhead, but tried the neutral when I had a tan and liked it better. Now I use the neutral 3 and it is perfect. You can buy their mineral powder and use it as a setting powder for the liquid foundation or by itself as foundation as well.

Honored Contributor

I also love the true match blush in a rose shade and their BB cream I use as a concealer in medium.