Respected Contributor

Re: White stuff in my pores from my white moisturizer? (Gross language LOL)

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

I had this happen and thought it was my sunscreen in my makeup. I changed (can't remember which brand) and my skin got better. If it was another ingredient clogging my pores in that, I don't know. Now I use Paula's Choice SPF and foundation without sunscreen. If you find this could be it, I'd like to know, thanks! @mima

@IMissSuperPoke  Glad you know what I am experiencing.  Yes, I thought it was my sunscreen because it was also white.  I quit using sunscreen.  I am not outdoors that much and I use BE Matte foundation which has some sunscreen in it.  So I just quit, but it is still happening.  So now I think it is my white opaque moisturizer.

Thanks for your reply!

Respected Contributor

Thank you all so much for your replies.  I will go over this thread tomorrow and try to figure out which mentioned products to try. 

To the ones saying leave it alone or don't use a mirror, I feel this white stuff is collecing and causing the cysts. 

I thought maybe using a gel moisturizer would help with my problem.  Maybe not.

There have been some great suggestions here and they are apprciated a bunch!

Thank you!!!

Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I think (but am not sure) you are describing sebum - the waxy substance that collects in pores - particularly for those of us with oily skin, subject to break outs and large pores.  I have had REALLY good luck using Skinn products - particularly the Pure Pore clearnser (now in the greenish tube).  Skinn is on today (evine) - and there are a couple configurations for this cleanser.  (Dimitri sometimes demonstrate/shows how sebum collects - this product designed to dislodge/dissolve and deeply clean the pores.  Helps!)  

Esteemed Contributor

I did a google search and there is a product called Dermstick that sounds like it might help.  Hsn sells it.

Maybe a series of facials can clean the clogged pores.

Respected Contributor

Sebaceous Filaments perhaps?

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@hello! wrote:

Hello,

I think (but am not sure) you are describing sebum - the waxy substance that collects in pores - particularly for those of us with oily skin, subject to break outs and large pores.  I have had REALLY good luck using Skinn products - particularly the Pure Pore clearnser (now in the greenish tube).  Skinn is on today (evine) - and there are a couple configurations for this cleanser.  (Dimitri sometimes demonstrate/shows how sebum collects - this product designed to dislodge/dissolve and deeply clean the pores.  Helps!)  

I think what the OP is referring to is not the hard white cysts but the other crappy white stuff that is in the pores and comes out easily but looks terrible,

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

Try Biore cleansers. The entire line is geared toward cleaning pores.

Honored Contributor

Re: White stuff in my pores from my white moisturizer?

[ Edited ]

@mima,   You definitely need to change moisturizer  It sounds like Milia and yes you can get it from certain moisturizers.  You definitely need to exfoliate.  Origins has an excellent charcoal mask which cleans the pores drawing out impurities.  If you skin is not on the dry side, exfoliate a few times a week and use the mask one to two times a week.  First apply warm/hot water to face then the exfoliate product.  You can also stay away from a moisturizer for a while and use an oil like Marula oil which is lighter than Argan and absorbs quickly.  I developed Milia from certain moisturizers I loved but realized that they were causing the Milia.  It's a small white bump and difficult to squeeze.  Good luck.  For moisturizer, I never had problems with Hope in a Jar by PhilosophyCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@hello! wrote:

Hello,

@hello!  This is not sebum but I have that TOO!  Grrrr....I will check out Skinn today.  Thank you for the heads up!

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I did a google search and there is a product called Dermstick that sounds like it might help.  Hsn sells it.

Maybe a series of facials can clean the clogged pores.

@Snoopp  I saw Dermstick during a search also.  It only had a few reviews and they weren't too good.  I will check out the HSN reviews.  I didn't realize HSN had it.  Thank you!!!