Valued Contributor

Color Street - Swiss and Tell | Color street nails, Color street, Color  street setsColor Street

Honored Contributor

Re: White nail polish

[ Edited ]

I like OPI Funny Bunny (though it takes 4 coats for me), OPI Hue is the Artist (has a very faint lavender tint).  I also like Essie Blanc and might get that tomorrow for my mani.

Trusted Contributor

@lkat that's pretty for summer!

Respected Contributor

Presently, I am wearing butter LONDON Princess Cut.  It is a "frosty white shimmer,"  (I couldn't find a decent swatch.)  I swear it looks exactly like a Cutex shade I bought in a 5 & 10 back in the 60s.

butter LONDON Patent Shine 10x Crushed Diamonds PRINCESS CUT Nail Lacquer Silver

Valued Contributor

OPI

OPI Chiffon My Mind. 

Honored Contributor

OPI Alpine Snow, makes a great pedicure color, very opaque white!!!

Honored Contributor

@lkat wrote:

I love opaque white polish in the summer.  This year I'm using OPI Suzi Chases Portu-geese (would love to know how they come up with these names!).  It only takes two coats and doesn't get streaky.  It's a bit off white so doesn't look like white out.

Suzi chases portu-geese – Hanninator

I can tell you how they come up with the names. Suzi Weiss FIshman is the OPI owner, she names all the polishes, hence lots of them have Suzi in their names. 

Honored Contributor

This is one of my favorites: HD by Olive and June. Olive and June has some really pretty neutrals. I have about 5 or 6 of them.  Smiley Happy

A39AEA73-4016-4413-B422-474B1A229FAD.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Right now I am wearing a white from Deb Lippmann called Peace, it came in a set of 6 opaque neutrals from HSN. 

Respected Contributor

@Knit-Chick wrote:

@amyb wrote:

I'm posting only to follow this thread, as I'm interested to see the answers.

I'm always admiring white nails on others but haven't tried it yet, and would not know the best to buy for subtle, opaque, soft white.

@amyb google OPI Funny Bunny swatches.  I also found swatch pictures on pinterest.   I just bought that and it's pretty subtle, even with 2 coats.  You might be what you're looking for!

Thank you for the suggestion; I just Googled it and YES, that does look like exactly what I admire on other people when they do white, opaque, summer nails. Smiley Happy