Trusted Contributor

Re: White capris coming around the corner. Do you self tan?

I did the self-tanner thing for so many years I just got worn out with it.  Having to be so careful the way it was applied so I wouldn't have streaks, making sure I got everything thoroughly washed from my hands or around my nails, having faded patches appear after showering that always needed a touch-up...one day I just said, "ENOUGH"!

I have fair skin and never get any kind of tan and of course, NOW, I don't even try to because of the known danger the sun goes to our skin.  If I am going to wear capris, skirt or a dress, I use Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs.  It gives my legs a slight natural looking glow, is SO easy to use and washes off completely in the shower.  I always buy it at Walgreens, I'm sure it is available at many other drugstores or discount stores.

Honored Contributor

@BARBIE100 wrote:

Sadly, I have yet to find a self tanner that I am comfortable with. I always turn orange, yellow or greenish. I find that using a good sunscreen and going out into the sun in the late afternoon is best for me. I have olive skin so that helps also. My Derm. said that I am doing fine. 

@BARBIE100Girl, I'm the lightest olive you'll ever see.  It only shows up when I'm draped with colors or if I use the wrong colors.  Even makeup counters do me wrong!  Everything turns me green except San Tropez or Jergens Glow-  with Glow, I can't wear more than two coats, but I don't want to look harsh like Q's examples anyway so that's ok!  There is NO yellow/green in this! A282334

St. Tropez Set of 2 8 oz. Classic Self Tan Mousse with Mitts - A282334

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@BARBIE100 wrote:

Sadly, I have yet to find a self tanner that I am comfortable with. I always turn orange, yellow or greenish. I find that using a good sunscreen and going out into the sun in the late afternoon is best for me. I have olive skin so that helps also. My Derm. said that I am doing fine. 

@BARBIE100Girl, I'm the lightest olive you'll ever see.  It only shows up when I'm draped with colors or if I use the wrong colors.  Even makeup counters do me wrong!  Everything turns me green except San Tropez or Jergens Glow-  with Glow, I can't wear more than two coats, but I don't want to look harsh like Q's examples anyway so that's ok!  There is NO yellow/green in this! A282334

St. Tropez Set of 2 8 oz. Classic Self Tan Mousse with Mitts - A282334Thank you, I will Jergens a try...Smiley Very Happy

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

I use Tan Towels and St. Tropez. I alternate, gives me the best color.

Jergen's makes me Sunkist Orange.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG Oh,dear! So sorry! I guess it depends on our body chemistry or they may have been past the shelf date. Bummer! 😕

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I use Tan Towels and St. Tropez. I alternate, gives me the best color.

Jergen's makes me Sunkist Orange.

@JacieHow creative!  May I borrow your idea?