Esteemed Contributor

Re: White capris coming around the corner. Do you self tan?

Absolutely not.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

It's going to be a warm weekend here so I used Jergens self tanner last night.  If I didn't my legs would be the same color as my white capris.  I use the lightest shade and the color is just right. I also like tan towels. Enjoy your vacation. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

No tanning products for me. I stopped years ago. 

These days, when I see someone with a tan, instead of thinking it looks good my mind automatically goes to how unhealthy it is. 

Super Contributor

I use self-tanner occasionally on my legs, especially in the summer. My favorite self-tanner is Jergens Natural Glow Express in Fair to Medium. It gives just a little color, never orange or streaky.

Honored Contributor

I want something very simple just on arms and legs, I bought Skinn's Endless lotion to use as my daily body lotion. Jergens has such low end ingredients as fillers and preservatives, I would not use that .

Respected Contributor

For a true self tanner I like BE FAux Tan and Tarte Brazilliance.

For a gradual tan, I like the Hemp lotion with gradual tanner. It can be purchased at Sally's. A nice large size for under $8.00.

All of these products give me a natural looking tan color with little to no lingering  scent.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

i have been using the hsn tan towels for years and am on auto delivery for them.

easy to carry around, virtually no smell, use at night before you go to bed and wake up with a tan, no mess, dries quickly,  can be used over the entire body, easy to use.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't like being ghostly white when wearing my capri and/or shorter sleeves.  I've been using the Jergen's product the last month.  Admitedly, I've been inconsistent, but it does give some color.  I was watching Shawn's beauty show one night last week and she was showing her favorite products.  The self tanner she uses is from St. Tropez.  This particular one develops over a period of 3 hrs. and you can rinse at anytime within that 3 hrs. after your tan has developed to your preferred level.  It was a pretty good deal so I decided to order.  It arrived the other day.  I've been busy so I haven't tried it yet.  You're supposed to exfoliate 24 hrs. in advance so I thought I'd do that tonight and then try the product tomorrow.  I'm a little nervous, but intrigued at the same time.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@ECBG, you may want to give Laura Geller's Body Bronzer a try. You can get just what you want w/o the smell of some tanners. She has said that it doesn't come off clothing. I'm going to give that a try if we ever get any sun and warm weather here! 8)

I'm not trying to be sarcastic here.   You said "it doesn't come off clothing".  Did Laura say that, or did she say it doesn't come off ON your clothing?  Just curious as  I might want to try it.

Trusted Contributor

Sadly, I have yet to find a self tanner that I am comfortable with. I always turn orange, yellow or greenish. I find that using a good sunscreen and going out into the sun in the late afternoon is best for me. I have olive skin so that helps also. My Derm. said that I am doing fine. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning