Respected Contributor

Re: Whipped Argan Oil?? Total lie about ingredients.

I'm finding coconut oil works great as an inexpensive moisturizer.
Contributor

islandgrrl.... I listen to the marketing spiel on three different presentations before posting. In all of them they unequivocally stated that it was ""only pure whipped argan oil"" never one mention of it containing any other ingredients even though some of the ingredients are beneficial in a skin product.
Super Contributor

On 11/23/2014 bill09 said:

There's a old saying, when the first ingredient is water- thats exactly what your getting. There probably isn't enough real argon oil in its to drown an ant. If you want something really good go with the old fashion Jergens ultra healing- been around for ages & super size bottle is only $6.00 at Walmart- keeps your skin hydrated all day into the next.

The first ingredient in Jergens is water, too -- or am I checking out the wrong product?

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Stearic Acid, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Laureth-3, Ceteareth-20, DMDM Hydantoin, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Arginine, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Fragrance, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Lecithin, Alcohol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol

Trusted Contributor

On 11/23/2014 Reever said: I'm finding coconut oil works great as an inexpensive moisturizer.

Me too.

Contributor

I do agree that the language she uses in the presentations should be changed. While she means that 100% Argan Oil is one of the ingredients, the way she says it is quite tricky and does sound like she's saying the product is 100% Argan Oil. However, just from the appearance of the product on TV it is completely obvious that it is not 100% pure Argan Oil, or even close. It looks like a body butter, and everyone (I hope) knows that any lotion, body butter, cream etc. is NOT made of 100% oil. Once again, it comes back to the fact that the Q and its vendors are out to sell a product. I would argue that most sales pitches are not completely above board. Is it right? No, but it's the world we live in. It's always important to use common sense when you're confronted with any sales pitch.
Respected Contributor

On 11/23/2014 fromallover said: I do agree that the language she uses in the presentations should be changed. While she means that 100% Argan Oil is one of the ingredients, the way she says it is quite tricky and does sound like she's saying the product is 100% Argan Oil. However, just from the appearance of the product on TV it is completely obvious that it is not 100% pure Argan Oil, or even close. It looks like a body butter, and everyone (I hope) knows that any lotion, body butter, cream etc. is NOT made of 100% oil. Once again, it comes back to the fact that the Q and its vendors are out to sell a product. I would argue that most sales pitches are not completely above board. Is it right? No, but it's the world we live in. It's always important to use common sense when you're confronted with any sales pitch.

I agree (and no offense to the OP) that Josie means the Argan Oil is 100%.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Valued Contributor

All of these ingredients are safe, skin-nourishing and plant based. They are found in all the good creams. I am impressed with the list, and upon reading it, I now understand why everyone loves this cream.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with the OP. Listening to Josie sell this cream, I would believe that argon oil is at least first or second ingredient.....Having aloe as ingredient 2 would lead me to believe more accurate name would be whipped aloe cream LOL. It would be more accurate if she would list either the percent of argon in it or at least mention the other key ingredients such as aloe that are chief ingredients in it.

Esteemed Contributor

All, I can say is that I love her whipped body butter, and I will continue to purchase.

Occasional Contributor

This whipped body butter of Josies, is the best stuff I have ever used on my face. I use it head to toe. Just love the stuff. If you do not like it, don't buy it, MORE FOR ME.Smile