Honored Contributor

Re: Whipped Argan Oil?? Total lie about ingredients.

Eh, I'm a label reader and I have enough common sense to realize that no body butter is going to be 100% oil.

I don't feel it's false advertising at all. I love her products especially the body butter.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I'm a Technical writer and normally picky about words used in advertising. I also thought they were claiming it's 100% pure argon oil. I have 100% pure coconut oil that is hard as a rock so it didn't cross my mind that whipped Argon oil could not have a solid form.

I still love it but I think she should say it's made using X, Y, Z, including her pure argon oil. Then there would be no chance of anyone misinterpreting. But we can't control what they say; we can really only educate ourselves and choose where to spend our hard-earned dollars! Smiley Wink

KJPA
Contributor

Love Josie's products. The ones I've tried works just the way she says they will.
Respected Contributor

On 11/23/2014 QMaven said:
On 11/23/2014 islandgrrl said:
On 11/23/2014 azqfan said: islandgrrl.... I listen to the marketing spiel on three different presentations before posting. In all of them they unequivocally stated that it was "only pure whipped argan oil" never one mention of it containing any other ingredients even though some of the ingredients are beneficial in a skin product.

I understand the point you are making -- all I am saying is that I personally was never under the impression that the only ingredient was argan oil. I couldn't imagine you'd get that thick consistency from argan oil alone, no matter how much 'whipping' you did.

I'm not sure if you have tried them or not but the butters don't disappoint. They are very effective for my skin.

Not everyone will be under the same "impression" you are, which is not based on the presentation, which states it is 100% argan oil. The consumer shouldn't have to wonder whether or not what they are being told is true. .

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, just stating my impression which is what I thought this thread was about. It sounds like I offended you -- not my intent.

Honored Contributor

When Josie says her product is 100 % argon oil I am taking her and QVC at their word, I guess it's naïve of me to do that. I did buy her argon oil a few times and really didn't think it was any thing special for me, it also made my fingernails under the free edge brown.

Respected Contributor

On 11/23/2014 CherryNGeorgia said: Love Josie's products. The ones I've tried works just the way she says they will.

I agree, and my face is my test, they work and beyond....

Super Contributor

On 11/22/2014 azqfan said: How do they get away with saying this product is the exact same as the pure Argan oil only whipped. They actually say that is all it contains. Here are the ingredients in the whipped body butter. I am not saying any of the ingredients are bad but it is definitely not "just pure argan oil".... Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Unscented INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water) (and) Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate-60, Ethylhexylglycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Squalane, Sclerotium Gum, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Beta Carotene, Helianthus Annuus (Hybrid Sunflower) Oil, Tocopherol, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Matcha Tea Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Panthenol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract.

The product is in fact in there in quite a large quantity. Take it up with corporate if you don't like a claim and please stop trying to deter people from buying what is obviously a very popular and well liked product. You may not actually be trying. But it sure sounds like it.

Super Contributor

On 11/23/2014 jaxs mom said:

Eh, I'm a label reader and I have enough common sense to realize that no body butter is going to be 100% oil.

I don't feel it's false advertising at all. I love her products especially the body butter.

Of course it is false advertising. Just because you like a product doesn't excuse lying about it. A presenter can't think: " No I'm not be truthful but people have enough common sense to know I'm not telling the truth, so it's OK to be deceptive. " That's just wrong.
Super Contributor

Of course it is false advertising. Just because you like a product doesn't excuse lying about it. A presenter can't think: " No I'm not be truthful but people have enough common sense to know I'm not telling the truth, so it's OK to be deceptive. " That's just wrong.

Can't you just complain to corporate rather than trying to get people to not buy it by complaining you feel you were misled? Do something constructive rather than try to make people not buy it. CALL CORPORATE!!

Super Contributor

On 11/24/2014 WillEscapeCAsoon said:

Can't you just complain to corporate rather than trying to get people to not buy it by complaining you feel you were misled? Do something constructive rather than try to make people not buy it. CALL CORPORATE!!

I have no idea what you are talking about. I am not trying to get you to buy or not buy anything. I couldn't care less what anyone buys. What I am doing, is voicing an opinion on deceptive sales practices. And I'm not saying that I feel it is misleading. It IS misleading. Feelings have nothing to do with it. And for all you know, I have called corporate. But I'm still going to voice my opinion.