Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,523
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Was watching the lady presenting the new Aquis hair line but didn't order. Her selling point was the turban getting most of the water out of the hair as being beneficial.  

Now I remember listening to Chaz saying that not towel-drying hair much is best as it will help keep moisture to hair when putting in product while wet, which is what I do.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,439
Registered: ‎06-12-2010

@KKJ wrote:

Was watching the lady presenting the new Aquis hair line but didn't order. Her selling point was the turban getting most of the water out of the hair as being beneficial.  

Now I remember listening to Chaz saying that not towel-drying hair much is best as it will help keep moisture to hair when putting in product while wet, which is what I do.


I think the problem comes from rubbing the hair.  That's what creates frizz.  For me, I blow dry my hair after it has been in a towel for a while.  It absorbs the water so I use the dryer for the minimum amount of time.

 

I put my styling products in damp, not wet, hair.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,537
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I use an old cotton T-shirt and "plop" my hair on top of my head to absorb excess water. You can also use a microfiber towel. 

 

I have much less frizz when I use either of these methods.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,104
Registered: ‎10-25-2010

There is no right or wrong.  It depends on your hair.  If you get the frizzies, it is not good to rub your hair with a towel.  You should blot the water out.

 

If you apply product over soaking wet hair, it will not lock the moisture in, it will dilute the product.  It is best to blot the water off first then apply your product.  You will use less product this way..why waste it?

 

My hair is straight as a stick, shiny and smooth.  It doesn't matter what I wash it with with or how I dry it.  It never gets dry or frizzy.  I wash it everyday and on some days twice.

 

I use no products on my hair, but shampoo.  And sometimes I use Dawn dishwashing liquid...the blue stuff.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,404
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

I think using a drying towel, or not,  just depends on what kind of hair you have and what kinds of products you'll be putting on it after washing it. Some products work better on dry hair while other products work better on damp or wet hair.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,180
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

@Carmie wrote:

There is no right or wrong.  It depends on your hair.  If you get the frizzies, it is not good to rub your hair with a towel.  You should blot the water out.

 

If you apply product over soaking wet hair, it will not lock the moisture in, it will dilute the product.  It is best to blot the water off first then apply your product.  You will use less product this way..why waste it?

 

My hair is straight as a stick, shiny and smooth.  It doesn't matter what I wash it with with or how I dry it.  It never gets dry or frizzy.  I wash it everyday and on some days twice.

 

I use no products on my hair, but shampoo.  And sometimes I use Dawn dishwashing liquid...the blue stuff.

 

 


Holy smoke, you use Dawn?!  You must have bionic hair to use that stuff!  I’m impressed!! 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,523
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

@Phantom41 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

There is no right or wrong.  It depends on your hair.  If you get the frizzies, it is not good to rub your hair with a towel.  You should blot the water out.

 

If you apply product over soaking wet hair, it will not lock the moisture in, it will dilute the product.  It is best to blot the water off first then apply your product.  You will use less product this way..why waste it?

 

My hair is straight as a stick, shiny and smooth.  It doesn't matter what I wash it with with or how I dry it.  It never gets dry or frizzy.  I wash it everyday and on some days twice.

 

I use no products on my hair, but shampoo.  And sometimes I use Dawn dishwashing liquid...the blue stuff.

 

 


Holy smoke, you use Dawn?!  You must have bionic hair to use that stuff!  I’m impressed!! 


Wow, I agree. Doesn't it dry out your hair?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,519
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

@KKJ wrote:

Was watching the lady presenting the new Aquis hair line but didn't order. Her selling point was the turban getting most of the water out of the hair as being beneficial.  

Now I remember listening to Chaz saying that not towel-drying hair much is best as it will help keep moisture to hair when putting in product while wet, which is what I do.


 

@KKJ   I would think the length of time your hair is exposed to the heat of a dryer is most important to keeping hair healthy. I use a turbie twist (microfiber) & apply mousse, etc. when I remove the towel. My hair is still damp enough to absorb styling products, but still dries quickly with low heat.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,120
Registered: ‎03-29-2019

I towel dry my hair (rub, rub, rub!), then spray leave-in conditioner, then I comb my hair, then I let it air dry.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,110
Registered: ‎05-15-2014

@KKJ  I have that Aquis towel and I really like it.   I use Wen and apply my styling creme and mousse in the shower with dripping wet har.   I then wrap the Aquis towl on my head (no rubbing) and it just absorbs the water really well.  I have naturally curly hair, zero frizzSmiley Happy    Plus I hate water dripping down my back when I get out of the shower!