Honored Contributor

Re: Which retinol product do you suggest?

@Adelina wrote:

Here is a Retinol 101 from Beautypedia:

RETINOL 101

Great! Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I recommend Peter Thomas Roth's retinol serum. It is effective and gentle, albeit pricey. QVC has the best deals on this product if you buy the larger size. There are many reviews of this product in Qvc, so I encourage you to check them, too. 

His presentation was actually the one that prompted me to make the initial post. Seems like some potent stuff when you see the results after one week, two weeks, and four weeks. I would also like to see results from these vendors for eight weeks, etc. Does it keep improving or do you get to the point of "that's as good as it will get"?

Respected Contributor

I like SkinMeica the best.  I use the 1%.  I know it works because I'll peel.   I use it 2-3x a week.   I just recently bought Retriderm.  It's got retinol at the top, and collagen.  I don't know if it's doing anything.  I don't peel from this.   I'll go back to SkinMedica.

I tried PTR a few times, and some others, but honestly never saw any change.

Also, I honestly can't say there's any improvement in lines with any of these products.  Just a luminous skin.  My smile lines, eleven lines, are no better.  AND, I'm seeing some lip lines...HATE THOSE!