Honored Contributor

Re: Which product do you feel changed your skin texture the most?

There are two that I really like.  Marula oil made my skin normal and soft and who knows maybe kept some of the wrinkles away.  I also like Vitamin Nectar moisturizer by Fresh.  Vitamins C, E and B5.  Sinks into the skin but leaves a slight shield on the skin.  Gives my skin a slight glow and soft.

For protection under my tinted moisturizer, I use No 7 Beautiful Skin Moisturizer SPF 15.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not believe that Retin A is the only answer. I realize my way is not the only way.... I think you really have to understand skin and your own skin before you embark on a course of action.

For skin texture. what has benefited me for the past decade is day & night treatment, which I found in L-ascorbic acid vitamin C and low percentage AHAs for day, and low percentage retinol for night.

I have no skin sensitivites, so this works well for me. Everything gentle. And daily, because that is how the dead skin sheds. 

eta: You were talking about plateau...my skin is at plateau and has been at plateau, but it is smooth & plump, (& poreless) so there is no further need to go up in strength.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  I can't use retin-A (never want to go thru that again) and I tried a sample of 1% PC, and it was just like retin-A for me. Way too strong. You would be surprised at the companies who will not tell you what percentage of retinol is in their product. Why is that? I can use retinol but I'd like to know what I'm using.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  What you said about soft skin reminded me of something Elizabeth Grant (Evine) once said: "My products won't make your skin soft. If you want soft skin use Vaseline." hahaha She is so blunt. I don't want soft facial skin. I don't think skin can be firm if it's soft. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa wrote:

I do not believe that Retin A is the only answer. I realize my way is not the only way.... I think you really have to understand skin and your own skin before you embark on a course of action.

For skin texture. what has benefited me for the past decade is day & night treatment, which I found in L-ascorbic acid vitamin C and low percentage AHAs for day, and low percentage retinol for night.

I have no skin sensitivites, so this works well for me. Everything gentle. And daily, because that is how the dead skin sheds. 

eta: You were talking about plateau...my skin is at plateau and has been at plateau, but it is smooth & plump, (& poreless) so there is no further need to go up in strength.

I think one of the difficult things to do when it comes to skin care is to find that 'happy place' where your skin is the best it can be... a place where your products work as intended yet not to the point of causing irritation. That's what I call the skin's 'happy place'. Many of us are constantly looking for that and when you find it then you may not realize it and keep going, which many of us do...myself included. My skin's happy place changes, doesn't stay the same especially as I age and the changes seem to come faster.

Respected Contributor

Retin-A

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaGal @SilleeMee @SandGirl 

thank you for all the info - I'm saving some key info and will order when the weather is cooler since it has a long way to travel. 

also for the info on a dermaroller - never heard of it before but I have heard of microneeding,

Can anyone share their routine - when to use the roller and product? There is needle length to consider - so much info. It just helps to hear of a real person and their results than you tube vloggers and pitch people. I know what works for one person does not work for everyone. Finding the happy place has been elusive. 

I was using the vitamin c - but with the hot weather - skin is irrirated with sunscreen - sweat - and the list goes on. I've stop using it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey wrote:

@SeaGal @SilleeMee 

thank you for all the info - I'm saving some key info and will order when the weather is cooler since it has a long way to travel. 

also for the info on a dermaroller - never heard of it before but I have heard of microneeding,

Can anyone share their routine - when to use the roller and product? There is needle length to consider - so much info. It just helps to hear of a real person and their results than you tube vloggers and pitch people. I know what works for one person does not work for everyone. Finding the happy place has been elusive. 

I was using the vitamin c - but with the hot weather - skin is irrirated with sunscreen - sweat - and the list goes on. I've stop using it.

You're welcome @Yahooey 

Microneedling is the same thing as dermarolling. Check out this blog below and see what you think. Lot's of info there about microneedling. 

SimpleSkincareScience dot com / dermarolling

Frequent Contributor

Skinn Pep 40 and Paula's BHA.

Honored Contributor

I'm a soap and water fan ... and I manually exfoliate every morning ... using Kiss My Face sop and bath gloves.  And, Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream.  Absolutely nothing on my face overnight.  (My skin has always had a tendency to be oily.)

I've been exfoliating since I was about 40, and using the Avon for maybe 15 or 20 years.  It was preventive maintenance so I would avoid some of the aging issues later. (What prompted me to start exfoliating was an article in a magazine - I thought I'd try it to see if it worked .... it did work.)

I'm now 77 ... my skin is in really good shape.   

QVC had someone promoting some contraption to exfoliate your skin to help eliminate lines and wrinkles .. so I guess we can assume exfoliation is good.