Honored Contributor

Re: Which product do you feel changed your skin texture the most?

@SandGirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Mostly Retin-A and a dermaroller.  Dermaroller completely smoothed out my forehead horizontal lines, they are gone. On my decollete it's the Tria ADL...took away those vertical chest lines I used to have from sleeping on my side.

I need to use my dermaroller, I always forget to use it, I look like I have a sunburn for about 3 hours after I use it LOL.  Retin A you have to get from a Dr correct? I use Retinol but I know they are two diff. animals.

I buy my tretinoin (Retino-A same as Rx Retin-A) from AllDayChemist, no Rx needed. I buy a six-pack, each tube costs less than $6 that way. @SandGirl 

1% retinol is about as strong as 0.25% tretinoin. I use 0.5% tretinoin cream. 

Occasional Contributor

Coconut Moisturizer by Eminence. Life changer

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Mostly Retin-A and a dermaroller.  Dermaroller completely smoothed out my forehead horizontal lines, they are gone. On my decollete it's the Tria ADL...took away those vertical chest lines I used to have from sleeping on my side.

I need to use my dermaroller, I always forget to use it, I look like I have a sunburn for about 3 hours after I use it LOL.  Retin A you have to get from a Dr correct? I use Retinol but I know they are two diff. animals.

I buy my tretinoin (Retino-A same as Rx Retin-A) from AllDayChemist, no Rx needed. I buy a six-pack, each tube costs less than $6 that way. @SandGirl 

1% retinol is about as strong as 0.25% tretinoin. I use 0.5% tretinoin cream. 

Okay, I will check it out. I use retinol with no issues (I've even used Paula's Choice Clinical) what % should I start out with? I want the very lowest to start out since my skin has gotten more sensitive the older I have gotten. THANK YOU for your help!!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   I have been wanting to use Retin A for some time, and would like to use All Day Chemist.  Do they have assistance on the phone regarding purchases?  I would like to start on a gentle form of Retin A and work up to it.  Thanks for any comments.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl 

I also used PC 1% retinol. Then I felt that my skin was at a plateau with it so I moved on to RA, at 0.25% which is the lowest strength available from ADC. After using the 0.25% for about 6 months maybe longer, I went up to the 0.5% and that's what I am using now.  

I started using the 0.5% RA  only once a week until my skin looked and felt okay without too much redness and peeling...several weeks later. Then went to twice weekly, and then every other night which is where I'm at now. You may find your timing could be different. 

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

Yes, you can order by phone. Just go to almost the bottom of their homepage and there you will see a link "How to Place the Order". Click that link and you will see phone numbers on the next page. HTH

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  Am I just making this hard? When I go to their site I see quite a few that say then another will say the same thing and list a diff. mfg?  Also, some show gel and other's creams, is there a way you can send me a hyperlink?  I can give you my email and then come back and delete it once I know you got it, unless you can think of another way to send the linK?

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@SilleeMee  Am I just making this hard? When I go to their site I see quite a few that say Tretin Cream 0.025% then another will say the same thing and list a diff. mfg?  Also, some show gel and other's creams, is there a way you can send me a hyperlink?  I can give you my email and then come back and delete it once I know you got it, unless you can think of another way to send the linK?

@SandGirl 

We can't post hyperlinks to outside retailers nor can we post email addresses here on this forum because it's against the rules. So please don't do that.

Type Retino A in the search box, then hit return. You should see 5 things listed there, ignore the one out of stock.. RA creams are usually recommended for normal to dry skin. The gel is usually for oily skin. So that's where you need to start. Which one are you?...oily or normal/dry?

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  That's what I thought!!  All good.  I am combo, I am for sure dryer in some areas but can get oily in my Tzone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl wrote:

@SilleeMee  That's what I thought!!  All good.  I am combo, I am for sure dryer in some areas but can get oily in my Tzone.

@SandGirl 

Okay then you should be fine with the cream 0.25%. 

Shipping is a flat rate $15 per order. It's best to order in multi-packs.

ADC accepts payment by echeck, money orders, or mailed paper checks only, no cc or PayPal will do. Are you familiar with using echecks?

Some posters here have mentioned that they have used their cc to pay ADC, but that has never showed as a method of payment on the check-out screen. I believe you have to call them and arrange to make a cc payment and that might require you to email them a copy of a picture id..ie driver's license.