Respected Contributor

Which product do you feel changed your skin texture the most?

I want to work on the texture of my skin, when I look in my zoom mirror I can really see how much the texture has changed over the years (getting closer to 50).

I would love to hear what product or products do you feel really changed the texture of your skin and you continue to use because of it.

I have been using Dr D's pads for as long as I can remember but honestly, I don't think they have really done much for my skin so, I'm reaching out to hear what you guys/gals have to say  Smiley Happy

TIA for taking time to post!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Which product do you feel changed your skin texture the most?

Retin-A

Respected Contributor

Retin-A (Prescription strength)
Honored Contributor

I try just about everything that comes along, always looking for the next best thing. I have used Dr. Denese Advanced Facial Firming Pads for over a year and my face is soft,smooth and the pores on my chin are not visable. I am 69 years old and of course I have lines, wrinkles and sagging, but that's life and gravity. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mostly Retin-A and a dermaroller.  Dermaroller completely smoothed out my forehead horizontal lines, they are gone. On my decollete it's the Tria ADL...took away those vertical chest lines I used to have from sleeping on my side.

Trusted Contributor

I have two products that's I can say changed the texture of my skin,  First and foremost is Skinn's DermAppeal. The runner up is Isomers' Matrixyl 4 serum. My skin is noticeably softer and smoother using these products. I can't say they make my skin looks terribly different, though. I am too chicken to use a magnifying mirror 😮.  I am 47 if that helps.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Mostly Retin-A and a dermaroller.  Dermaroller completely smoothed out my forehead horizontal lines, they are gone. On my decollete it's the Tria ADL...took away those vertical chest lines I used to have from sleeping on my side.

I need to use my dermaroller, I always forget to use it, I look like I have a sunburn for about 3 hours after I use it LOL.  Retin A you have to get from a Dr correct? I use Retinol but I know they are two diff. animals.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl 

Absolutely, no question, Prescription Retin-A.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SandGirl 

Absolutely, no question, Prescription Retin-A.

So many are saying the same. So, this will mean a trip to the derm correct?

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

I want to work on the texture of my skin, when I look in my zoom mirror I can really see how much the texture has changed over the years (getting closer to 50).

I would love to hear what product or products do you feel really changed the texture of your skin and you continue to use because of it.

I have been using Dr D's pads for as long as I can remember but honestly, I don't think they have really done much for my skin so, I'm reaching out to hear what you guys/gals have to say  Smiley Happy

TIA for taking time to post!!

Dr. D or any other topical will not change skin firmness or wrinkles . They can certainly temporarily moisturize but so can great products that are not way over-priced. My dermatoligist and plastic surgeon both told me only Retin-A  will make a difference in the skin. The rest is all hype.