Honored Contributor

Re: Which product do you feel changed your skin texture the most?

Ceramides. When I first started using them topically, they were a gamechanger for the quality, texture, and feel of my skin. I started with CeraVe PM, then switched to Isomers Ceramide booster serum, and am now flirting with trying Le Mieux Peptide serum which contains a good dose of ceramides along with some other great ingredients.

I also take ceramides as a supplement, and that has improved the texture of my skin everywhere.

I think this is one major reason I can tolerate HPR retinol at 5%. My skin is just so well conditioned and retains moisture so well that the retinol doesn't dry me out like it did in the past.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Yahooey, thanks for acknowledging me on this thread but I never posted on it!!   Smiley LOL   Nice to see you silly girl!

Esteemed Contributor

If you'd asked this question a few years ago, I would have said Vitamin C.  Definitely.

Then, about 18 months ago I started using a glycolic cleanser with my good ol' terrycloth washcloth.... big difference!   This keeps my enlarged pores tight, and my complexion smoother.

What works for me and my oily 70-yr-old skin probably won't work for everybody.  Everyone's skin is different.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt