Trusted Contributor

Re: Which procedure is more effective: dermabrasion, or chemical peel? are they comparable?

@SilleeMee  Thanks, I just wanted to know for my own information.  It wasn't to correct you. Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Which procedure is more effective: dermabrasion, or chemical peel? are they comparable?

@TryingToQuit  I also agree that BHA twice a day is a lot, especially if you have dry, non-acne non-congested skin. And using BHA at the same time as Retin A is a lot too. You may see better results if you back off on using the BHA so often. I'd move it to just the morning routine. You say you use sunscreen really well, so you shouldn't have too much issue with photosensitivity.

Your routine looks like an excellent one for someone in their 30s. When it stops working, you are right to consider shaking it up. Almost everyone's skin gets more dehydrated, less lubricated and smooth, more marked up, and more easily triggered with age, so it's wise to adapt. HTH a little? Woman Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Occasional Contributor

Wow ladies, thanks for all your replies, I have learned a lot!

@Harvard99 I started using the gel about 5 years ago when I was still getting breakouts, and never thought to switch to the cream. SInce my face has really dried in the last year or so, I will go ahead and order the cream. Thank you.

@SilleeMee I will stop using the BHA at night under the retin-a, to see if that helps. That's a good idea, thank you.

@Porcelain Yes! I do need both hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C! My routine is very basic, time to amp it up. Thank you.

Thanks to everyone I couldn't mention for whatever reason. Shanus, I forgot to add that I do have a huge bottle of The Microdelivery from Philosophy, that I use on those days that I wear makeup, once a week or so. Perhaps I should use it more often.

Some of the procedures mentioned sound interesting. I'm definitely looking into the HydraFacial. Thanks ladies, have a  great weekend!

Honored Contributor

Don't give up on your arms and hands.   You CAN have the spots removed.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@TryingToQuit    Every Fall I get an IPL ( Intense pulsed light ) treatment. It’s laser and the technician does little dots with it all over the face. In a few days brown spots come off and smoother skin appears. I had it done on my hands about 6 years ago and few spots have returned. 

They take a photo with a special camera first. It’s amazing seeing the sun damage under the skin!

Super Contributor

Without seeing you in person no one can make a recommendation. Go see the professionals and get a consult.

Trusted Contributor

I'd suggest you also use Paula's Choice AHA and alternate with her BHA.  She has some newer products out that you might want to try (order samples first).  I've been using her products since 1995 and I'm now 72.  Check out her other website Beautypedia for recommendations of other skin care products.  Don't use any skin care products in jars.

Frequent Contributor

You can do both procedures at home.I do a chemical peel every three three months using TCA,I also use a microneedling pen once a month. I’m 57 and have had Drs tell me I have nice skin. I also use sheet masks several times a week and ALWAYS keep my face moisturized plus take fish oils,ceramides and collagen supplements,they really help with dryness