Honored Contributor

Re: Which personality driven skincare lines do you buy?

@TY wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@TY - since you're from Canada, what do you think of Vasanti?

I stumbled across mention of it on the "box" sites, that people who got samples were loving it. Costco was previously selling it in-store, now just online - a combo of their cleanser & skin-brightening exfoliator/polisher, both + travel size for the same price as one item on their website. I have ordered it and should get it in a couple of days.

@Moonchilde

I don't know about Vasanti as I've never used it. I recall that they were a vendor on The Shopping Channel but it wasn't for very long. I will take a look at Costco to see what beauty products they carry but I haven't been there in a while. I also notice that Costco stores don't necessarily carry the same things in the U.S. and Canadian stores. 

@TY, the reason I asked you is that it's a Canadian company that I understood was quite well known and popular in Canada - more so than in the US ;-) I thought you would be aware of it as a big(ger) name cosmetics company in Canada. Guess it isn't so well known 🙀

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@TY - since you're from Canada, what do you think of Vasanti?

I stumbled across mention of it on the "box" sites, that people who got samples were loving it. Costco was previously selling it in-store, now just online - a combo of their cleanser & skin-brightening exfoliator/polisher, both + travel size for the same price as one item on their website. I have ordered it and should get it in a couple of days.

@Moonchilde I have tried three different Vasanti products as I got them in my BIrchbox. They were just okay for me. Nothing that I would be willing to give up my current skincare for. I kept getting them in my box and then in my mystery pack sampers I got free with orders. I am inundated with them and plan to donate them to the women's shelter along with a million other samples. I guess I didn't see what everyone was raving about but perhaps those people weren't using very good products before, in which case, I could see why they'd like them as they are a bit better than just basic products.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @HappyDaze :-)

I'm not a frequent skin care buyer, and definitely not a high-end or 'famous name' buyer, but also not necessarily just always wanting drugstore products either - somewhere in between. So if something works at all for me I'm likely to be content. I have little to compare to. 

I just signed up for birchbox today to get a little variety in future 😀

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

you are welcome, @Moonchilde! I actually think subs like Birchbox are really great for people that don't already have HG skincare and haircare products. It would be a great way to try new things. For someone like me who already has HGs in haircare and skincare, it wasn't working well- I wanted mostly makeup and hardly ever got it. They liked to send me skincare and haircare in every box even though I said I wasn't interested in those in my profile, lol. Anyway, it can be fun if you are trying to find new products. Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I have such finicky skin that my skin care purchases are always ingredient-driven. Brands and personalities do not matter.

Respected Contributor

I can't imagine buying anything because of liking a celebrity.  

Honored Contributor

None.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

When you hit a certain age and your face starts falling you scramble for help!

I tried a few different lines but more than a personality inducing me to purchase there were those that made me NOT purchase!

It was a while before I tried Skinn because of how obnoxious Dimitri was! I heard him proclaim that he had 'the most unattractive models in the business' so I boycotted his products for some time.

And while her sidekick seems okay, Jennifer Stallone is an insipid moron! I shudder at  some of the dopey things that come out of her mouth! It boggles the mind that NO ONE on her team has corrected her from saying '25 key list ingredients' ??? and then there was 'my kids don't have acne because they know how to keep their face clean' ???!!!

The bottom line is that if you don't behave like a complete imbecile the liklihood of my trying your product is high...

Woman Wink

I know this thread isn't about JFS but another fave of mine from her is "it keeps your skin tight and taunt."  Ummmm, okay.

Honored Contributor

I am not the least bit inspired to buy anything just because I have a fondness for the person selling the products. For example, I love Laura Geller but I've tried twice and her products just don't work for me.  So despite the fact that I really like her, I don't order her products. 

However, I have NOT bought products from a line because I really don't care for the person selling them.  I too find Demetri James totally obnoxious, therefore I rarely watch his shows and therefore, I don't order.   

Occasional Contributor

I am new to the forums but this thread caught my attention.  I have tried a few of the QVC beauty presenters,Bobbi Brown, Mally and Laura Geller.  I like Mally's eye shadow but most always use L"oreal because it's less expensive and the colors are not wild.  I'm a senior and don't wear a lot of makeup.  I like to watch Laura Geller but her makeup is not for me.  However, I swear by her Spackle which is wonderful under foundation.  I've tried different products for that use but none seem to work as well for me.  I like to watch the presentations and then find something more reasonable in price to use.  My only splurge for skin care is Estee Lauder but my Children also tend to give me the kits for Christmas and Mothers Day.  I'm not attracted to the packaging which is meant to attract attention.  I enjoy the reviews of the products which I really pay attention to.  Thanks for your comments also.