Occasional Contributor
I need some help ladies. We are having professional family photos taken. It will be outside. What is a good matte foundation for photographs? I have normal/dry skin, light neutral skin tone.
Occasional Contributor

Honored Contributor

I like Lancome Dual Finish Foundation. Get over to a Lancome cosmetic counter during a sunny day and ask to be color matched for your powder foundation.

It covers well (its buildable if desired) and blush goes on after the foundation.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I have very fair sensitive skin and like Bobbi Brown's foundation stick. A little goes a long way and it covers.  Her concealer trio also works well for those skin issues. 

Super Contributor

Couple of weeks ago I purchased Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation. 

I really like it.  I have dry skin so I moisturize well and it really looks like skin!

It's light - medium coverage and whatever doesn't get covered, I just dab a little

concealer (or her Stick formula) over those areas.  I find that because it's a liquid, it

is easier to get an everyday, not overly covered up look for daytime & outdoor things.

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for Lancomes Dual Finish. Great product!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Which foundation?

[ Edited ]

Mally's "Face Defender BB Cream" in "Medium/Light" would probably work well for you.  It's a matte, full-coverage foundation on me.  Another good option is Lancome's "Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Longwear Foundation" in "360 Bisque N."  Those are the only two foundations I have that have a bit of a matte finish yet aren't too drying.  Hope you find something that works for you!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

If you live by a store with a good makeup counter maybe go check them out, ask the SA's opinions and get some samples.  Then try them and go outside and take a selfie to see how it looks.

Honored Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

Mally's "Face Defender BB Cream" in "Medium/Light" would probably work well for you.  It's a matte, full-coverage foundation on me.  Another good option is Lancome's "Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Longwear Foundation" in "360 Bisque N."  Those are the only two foundations I have that have a bit of a matte finish yet aren't too drying.  Hope you find something that works for you!  Smiley Happy

That particular shade is too dark for someone in the winter months-- I'm olive toned and that can be used on me in the summer months when I have a tan. I have the Teint Idole Ultra 24H in color 260 Bisque N for the winter months.

There is also Teint Miracle which has moisturizer in it. I tried a sample and didn't like the way it looked on me-- it looked a little shiny-- I do not need shine on my face so the Teint Idole 24H was a better match for my skin.

Honored Contributor

Also on the Lancome Foundation pages (under each individual type of foundation) is a link called Find My Perfect Shade-- its a PDF file and it can be printed out to fit a legal sized paper and covers all of the foundations they offer.

So if you like one shade in the powder as your eye travels across the page, you can figure out what the companion shade is in a liquid foundation from Lancome.