Occasional Visitor

Which eye cream, Clinique or It Cosmetics??? Why?

I need to start using eye cream but not sure which one is best over all. Help!  I feel like you can't go wrong with any thing Clinique but also don't want to miss out on newer products. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Which eye cream, Clinique or It Cosmetics??? Why?

@Acabell33 wrote:

I need to start using eye cream but not sure which one is best over all. Help!  I feel like you can't go wrong with any thing Clinique but also don't want to miss out on newer products. 

@Acabell33    An eye cream decision depends more on age than brand specific. If you're in your 20's-30's, hydration is what you're looking for, something light enough that won't make concealer slide off. If older, you may want to add anti-aging properties or a heavier eye cream for wrinkles. Drugstore eye creams are a good place to start, too. You can see how that delicate skin reacts to active ingredients before spending a lot of money. 

Personally, I'd go with Clinique. I just don't think IT has anything special to offer. Is that the only two lines you've investigated? There are hundreds to choose from. I'm sure other replies will give you great suggestions of what they're using. 

Valued Contributor

A few months ago I was looking for a good eye cream, too.  I usually use Paula's Choice skin care products but I couldn't find any of her eye creams that I really liked.  And, at times, I would also use my regular moisturizer as my eye cream, too.  Finally discovered lots of wonderful reviews about Glossier's Bubble Wrap - it's an eye cream but can also be used around the lip area as well.  Well, I love it!  It's light and non-greasy and is very well protected in a metal pump bottle.  The other great thing about it is the size and the price.  It's only $26 but that's for 3/4 of an oz., not the 1/2 oz. size that you find most eye creams offered.  Highly recommend!

Honored Contributor

@Acabell33  - I've always been a fan of Clinique's All About Eyes undereye cream.  They have the rich version for fine lines or the non-rich version for puffiness.  I've used both and loved both versions.  So my vote is for Clinique.  Good luck in your search and hope you post your experience with whatever product you choose.

Esteemed Contributor

Clinque. Plus if you buy during bonus week you get lots of trial sizes of other things. 

Respected Contributor

I use the IT Confiedence In An Eye Cream, (yellow jar)...I had a dryness issue on my upper eyelid area..I had used Clinique, but when I tried the IT it cleared it up & has never returned. My skin is very sensitive, I love this product..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

If I had to pick between Clinique and IT I'd pick Clinique.

If you like a thick cream (I do) CereVe makes a great eye cream.  ROC also has a great eye cream. 2 drugstore options.

Or use your moisturizer on your eyes 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Acabell33   .. I purchased this eye cream from Amazon for $19.99.....  I really like it.  It moisturizes my under eye area better than anything else I have used.   And I think it has reduced some puffiness.  I did try a Clinique Eye Cream some time ago and wasn't thrilled with it.

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 9.23.34 AM.png 

Esteemed Contributor

Tarte Maracuja brightening eye cream is the best! I tried IT, and it wasn't as nourishing.