Trusted Contributor

Which do you prefer IT Cosmetics CC Cream Foundation or the new Serum Foundation?

[ Edited ]

If you have used both of these products let me know what you think. The March TSV for IT contains a super sized CC Ilumination Foundation, a soft brush, a mascara and a rose version of the lip treatment. 

"Four game-changing, life-changing customer faves in one collection! CC Illumination Supersize: anti-aging skin care, SPF 50 Physical Only Sunscreen & Full Coverage with ILLUMINATION, no glitter or shimmer! With Heavenly Skin CC Brush. Award Winning Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara 500% increase in volum in 1 coat. IT Girl fave Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Lip Treatment in NEW shade Rose - will smooth & hydrate lips. RecSmiley Sad1)2.53 fl.oz. CC Cream, 1).11oz Lip Treatment (1).30fl oz. Mascara, (1)Brush"

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which do you prefer IT Cosmetics CC Cream Foundation or the new Serum Foundation?

I like the serum foundation better. It's not thick like the cc cream. I like the cc cream but will repurchase the serum foundation over the cc cream. I am slowly finding my entire base of face makeup is turning out to be IT.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which do you prefer IT Cosmetics CC Cream Foundation or the new Serum Foundation?

What day is the tsv on. I will pass on this. The only thing I would want is the celebration illumination. I am curious how a light dusting would look over the serum. I don't need anymore makeup brushes. It's great she includes them but I have to many already.
Honored Contributor

@dperry wrote:

If you have used both of these products let me know what you think. The March TSV for IT contains a super sized CC Ilumination Foundation, a soft brush, a mascara and a rose version of the lip treatment. 

"Four game-changing, life-changing customer faves in one collection! CC Illumination Supersize: anti-aging skin care, SPF 50 Physical Only Sunscreen & Full Coverage with ILLUMINATION, no glitter or shimmer! With Heavenly Skin CC Brush. Award Winning Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara 500% increase in volum in 1 coat. IT Girl fave Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Lip Treatment in NEW shade Rose - will smooth & hydrate lips. RecSmiley Sad1)2.53 fl.oz. CC Cream, 1).11oz Lip Treatment (1).30fl oz. Mascara, (1)Brush"

When I was using it, I preferred the original IT CC Cream, but I've moved on.  I didn't care for the compact version and cushion or serum foundations are usually too oily for me.  I would never purchase the Illumination version of either the CC cream or the powdered compact.  The models look horrible in that when viewed in high definition.  

Valued Contributor

I have been a huge advocate of the CC Cream since it came out.  Wear it everyday.  I ordered the TSV out of curiosity, and actually, it was a bargain considering what was in it.  Now I am OBSESSED with the new Serum Foundation.  Every single time I use it, someone comments on my complexion.  It really does make my skin look good.  I will definitely repurchase.  Which brings me to my only complaint.  The compact will not last nearly as long as a tube of the CC Cream.  So, it is very expensive to use. With the CC Cream, I can use one pump, spread it around, and pounce it on my face with a beauty blender and it covers so well.  With the Serum Foundation, you really do need to use the brush (which is great!) but it picks up foundation and some of it adheres to the brush bristles and so it is wasted and makes you use more. Using the sponge would be the same waste of product.

But....I will use it for special occasions.

Esteemed Contributor

@Retiredpsych wrote:

I have been a huge advocate of the CC Cream since it came out.  Wear it everyday.  I ordered the TSV out of curiosity, and actually, it was a bargain considering what was in it.  Now I am OBSESSED with the new Serum Foundation.  Every single time I use it, someone comments on my complexion.  It really does make my skin look good.  I will definitely repurchase.  Which brings me to my only complaint.  The compact will not last nearly as long as a tube of the CC Cream.  So, it is very expensive to use. With the CC Cream, I can use one pump, spread it around, and pounce it on my face with a beauty blender and it covers so well.  With the Serum Foundation, you really do need to use the brush (which is great!) but it picks up foundation and some of it adheres to the brush bristles and so it is wasted and makes you use more. Using the sponge would be the same waste of product.

But....I will use it for special occasions.

I think it might last longer then what you think. You should use it all the time so you can find out how long it does last.

Respected Contributor

The serum foundation is my favoritel.  I love how it goes on and dries.  Great coverage and easy to use

Deb

Super Contributor

Cc cream love it. Use it ever day. Can't be without best product on the market by far. I use the cc cream band then sometimes put the serum foundation over it. 

Super Contributor

The CC version is nice, I'm just too oily for it. The serum foundation is better, although I'm hoping they will formulate a matte foundation with a more full coverage Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I just purchased the new serum foundation and love it.  The CC cream is much to thick and heavy for me.  The serum looks more natural and flawless.  It's lightweight and has alot of coverage.