Honored Contributor

Re: Which beauty line has given you makeup optional skin?

[ Edited ]

There is no skincare out of the many many I have tried over the years that can make my skin look and more importantly feel great all day without makeup but Perricone no foundation foundation (which is skin care also) added to the mix makes my skin look and feel fresh all day without a makeup look.  I don't want coverage but need my skin  to feel great and without it (no matter what skincare I use) my face feels dirty and  a magnet for dirt and impurities causing itching and redness.  I never have understood why makeup optonal was anyone's preferred look since an even toned polished and better look cannot be achieved without makeup.  In the end whatever works for anyone is probably different for just about everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Isomers

Valued Contributor

@Cristyn-Momof2 

Good morning  I am 56 with sensitive combo acne prone skin. More than actual products my skin has improved by what I am not using . Ii found Dr Dray a young dermatologist YouTube channel and it completely changed my skin . Fragrance is one of the biggest offenders in irritation especially for those of us with skin issues.  I still have old acne marks and large pores but so improved ! The products I am loving is Procure Rosacare hydrogel moisturizer, colorscience spf for face and eyes .inkey spot oat cleansing balm aand eathsciencc Ceramedx cleanser (it's the cruelty free  version of cetaphil). She has great  advice and has helped my skin and my wallet 😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cristyn-Momof2  - Not one beauty line, but a few different products from different lines, along with Retin A, have given me the confidence to go without makeup when needed. 

These days, while working from home, skin care and sunscreen is all I've been using.

I believe you can achieve makeup optional skin without having to do procedures at a doctor's office.  Hope you find what works best for you.

Honored Contributor

Sad to say but my answer is none!  At this stage in my life (age 67) my skin is less than stellar.  I do take good care of my skin, use gentle products, moisturize faithfully, watch sun exposure, etc.  I have really no wrinkles, only a few lines, but I have rosacea which poses many problems for me (broken caps, at times break-outs).  So, truly going without makeup does not make for the best look for me!  When I am home --- which is all the time now, of course, I don't wear anything on my face but moisturizer and lip balm.  Like most people, I have a number of things I would like to change about my appearance but if I had just one, it would be to have beautiful, healthy skin! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cristyn-Momof2 wrote:

Have you had any luck with skincare that you feel comfortable going without makeup?  I am in my mid forties with some uneven skintone, roseacea, and sun spots.

YES! Bare minerals...the rosacea is GONE...I use the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue foundation!!!

Also use their Bare minerals powder...they have other add ons I love...like their concealers..and the eye shadows! I haven't had to worry about my skin since I was in my thirties..and I'm 69 now!!!! Thanks Leslie Blodgett!!!! Heart

https://www.glamour.com/story/bare-escentuals-executive-chairman-leslie-blodgett-career-advice

Respected Contributor

I have good skin at age 70 but I don't want to be makup optional. I like the look of a finished face with color. 

Regular Contributor

ISOMERS 

Esteemed Contributor

Dr. Denese skincare line has worked for me.  I wear very little makeup now or none at all. I would not have believed it until I tried it. Hope you get the same results that I do.

Contributor

Thank you all for the great suggestions.