Contributor

Which beauty line has given you makeup optional skin?

Have you had any luck with skincare that you feel comfortable going without makeup?  I am in my mid forties with some uneven skintone, roseacea, and sun spots.

Respected Contributor

Re: Which beauty line has given you makeup optional skin?

None....topicals cannot produce firming, toning and visibly diminish and remove serious 

skin tone issues and wrinkles. I had cosmetic surgery and micro dermabrasion- the real kind - not the silly item they sell on tv. Thrilled with results- very natural.

Esteemed Contributor

As for as skin care, I would say I have the best results with Lancer and have used much more expensive and much less expensive.  I am a beauty tool junkie as well, and have the tria anti-aging, the trophy microderm, nuface, and beautybio micro needling tool.  For me, my beauty regime works and I do not wear foundation.  Always mascara and lips though!  I am 57.

Honored Contributor

I am 65 and do have makeup optional skin if I choose.  I can not really contribute it to a specific skin care brand..I use many brands and alternate them.  I love skincare! I have used sunscreen religiously for the past 30 years...and eaten a healthy  diet for longer than that.   No sugar, lots of green foods...healthy fats only. 

I do enjoy a bit of pink lip stick...and a touch of blush...but I usually forgo any foundation when I go out. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Been using Clinique for over 40 years. I occasionaly wear foundation. Always wear it when I go to church. Been told I don't look my age...I'm 65.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let me count..zero. Laser treatments at a doctors office has. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cristyn-Momof2  for the 3 skin issues you mentioned

laser treatments or microdermabrasion would be most helpful and your best bet.  A bit pricey yes, but it works and is well worth it.

Most dermatologists offer payment plans today so you can pay it in monthly installments.

I'm so over using expensive lotions and potions that do little.  When you add up the cost of serums, etc.

it's almost the same over time.  

I do use an acid peel once a week but other than that simple and inexpensive drugstore Cerave moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

I currently use Timeless serums and prescription Differin cream, but a good quality Vitamin C serum, retinoid and sunscreen have been my must haves. I do use concealer for under eye circles but haven’t used foundation since I was young. 

Super Contributor

La Mer......pricey, but I only use 3 products.  It seemed like there was always a dozen things involved when using Isomers or Perricone.

Honored Contributor

@Cristyn-Momof2  I have had moisturizers that feel really good and make my skin soft but no signnificant changes.  Recently, I decided to try Mario Badescu Buttermilk moisturizer.  The reason I tried it is because Heidi Klum, the model, said she has been using for years because it is lightweight and does not break her out.  So I tried it and it does not give me Milia (rich moisturizers will) and I actually noticed my skin has this slight glow to it (it just looks healthy).  It is super lightweight (which I love) and makes my skin soft and the slight glow was a pleasant surprise.  I have never had a moisturizer do that.  And, I am not just saying this.  I don't know what other women will experience but I am very happy with my results.  This is my moisturizer for life just sorry it took so long.  Plus I received 25% off and free shipping.  I think they are offering that because of the crisis.  I returned to order another moisturizer at the discounted price.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength