Respected Contributor

Re: Which Maybelline Brow Product Should I Get

That Elf palette for brows is EXCELLENT. Milani also makes a cheap one that is very good. The trick is to find a waxy powder that is taupe even if you have darker brows and not having any red in it unless you ARE a redhead. 

I tried pencils, gels, etc and I go back to powder for brows. 

Trusted Contributor

I got the Maybelline brow gel  with the mascara like brush with a ball on the end and have been very disappointed with it.  Previous to that, I had used the MAC brow gel for years and it was so great.  I had to cut back on expenses and bought the Maybelline gel.  It is kind of messy, doesn't have much hold, does no filling in whatsoever.  About the only thing it does is cover grey brows that pop up every now and then.

I was thinking of trying their new pencil, but maybe I'll try the elf kit instead.

Respected Contributor

My favorite brow product ever is by Maybelline! Define-a-Brow automatic pencil. It's in a green case with a comb on the end (I rarely use the comb). My brows are thin, and they're gonna stay that way--too many wild hairs to deal with otherwise--but this stuff fills in the gaps and makes my brows look as good as they can.

Trusted Contributor

@quinny wrote:

I got the Maybelline brow gel  with the mascara like brush with a ball on the end and have been very disappointed with it.  Previous to that, I had used the MAC brow gel for years and it was so great.  I had to cut back on expenses and bought the Maybelline gel.  It is kind of messy, doesn't have much hold, does no filling in whatsoever.  About the only thing it does is cover grey brows that pop up every now and then.

I was thinking of trying their new pencil, but maybe I'll try the elf kit instead.

I have to agree with this review of the Maybelline BROWdrama product.  Not impressed with it and I don't like the ball-shaped brush.  If you like brow mascara , try NYX Tinted Brow Mascara instead, it's less expensive than Maybelline and has a regular mascara wand.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I just got something very inexpensive I like from Elf, only a few dollars. Is 2 sided, one side says Tame, other says Treat, color brush on one side and clear gel on other to use on top to keep brows in place.

I was in CVS yesterday looking at the Mabelljne Brow Palette. It was $12.99 , I think.CVS had a special if you spend $15 you get $5 back in Reward Bucks. I didn't want to spend more (nothing costs $2) so I passed on it. I did get the ELF brow palette for $3, I'll see if it's good.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 Oh, I tried this one with the rounded brush at the end - this one is AWFUL.  Used it once and tossed it.  I should have returned it but I didn't have my receipt. 

This brush is long but the only part of it that even touches your brown is the very end of it, the rounded end.  What a waste of brush if you can't manuver the entire brush.

The mommy makeup one I use is one straight brush just like a mascara wand.  LOVE this stuff, won't use anything else.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@silkyk wrote:

This one! I picked this up last week and it is the BEST eyebrow product I have ever used! I purchased it in the blonde (perfect light color instead of too dark) and easy and fast to apply. First the powder to fill in and then the pencil to do the end or anything extra. I love this product!

I tried this a love it as well!  You do need to twist on the end to get the powder on the end a few times.  Like the powder and the pencil.  I pencil it in first and then add powder to make it fuller.  I purchased med. brown as I have dark brown hair.  Any darker would have been too dark.

Honored Contributor

I recently purchased their Brow Drama Pomade Crayon at Walmart and like it a LOT.   Good color and it keeps hairs in place.   I will definitely buy it again.  

Respected Contributor

The taupe pencil (med brown) of that Maybelline looks promising. While I love powder, sometimes in a hurry, I don't want to grab for a brush and a spoolie. This could be easier. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I recently purchased their Brow Drama Pomade Crayon at Walmart and like it a LOT.   Good color and it keeps hairs in place.   I will definitely buy it again.  

I own this brow crayon in both the dark brown and the medium brown shades. They are both nice and can also be used as eyeliners as well.