Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Looking forward hearing from anyone who owns one or both devices. 

T3: A363327 Flat iron or BeachWaver: A350492 rotating feature. 

a363327.jpeg seq3_spot2_20181208.jpg

Regular Contributor

This greatly depends upon your hair. Long or short, fine or coarse, straight or curly. And what you wish to do with your hair. I have both a flatiron and a round heated brush. I prefer to use the heated brush which both dries and shapes my hair at the same time because it blows gentle warm air through the brush.

Honored Contributor

@patofl

Decided on waiting for the "Beachwaver" presentation. Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

I own the very first BW model sold here. I no longer can use it because something is wrong with the temperature control and it won't stay on a set temperature. It keeps wanting to get hotter and hotter. But it was nice while it lasted.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

Great having choices three sizes. Definitely order the smallest.

Honored Contributor

Re: Which Hair Device?

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@SilleeMee

Great having choices three sizes. Definitely order the smallest.

That is great having the three sizes to choose from. When I bought mine that wasn't the case. Now I'm thinking of getting a new one! The 1-1/4 would probably be best for my long hair. @Sweet_Serenity

eta - The differences between the original BW and this new TSV one are that there is only one button to switch barrel direction and the barrel is also shorter on the TSV. I think those features would make it easier to use.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

Decided waiting for the BW presentation. 

Super Contributor

Just preordered my 2nd BW.  I used the .75 when my hair was short, now my hair is longer so I'm  moving up to the 1".  I find it fairly user friendly.  If you are planning  on using a flat iron to curl your hair, I don't recommend it.   But I am pretty much a klutz when it comes to hairstyling.

Respected Contributor

Claros, I did the same thing, started with the 0.75" and got a 1" as my hair got longer.  I had to pay full price from Ulta for the 1" last summer, because the Q was months away from the current sale, and I figured why pay shipping on top of the same price, so bought locally.  I am also a total klutz when it comes to hair styling, so I don't get any curl at all with a flat iron, I have no idea how people do that, even when I watch them do it on TV.  The Beach Waver is a game changer for my naturally straight hair.

To the OP, I think it's a wise choice for you to watch the presentation on the Beach Waver.  I admit, I don't use it they way they use it in their demos, though.  My hair, even with a perm, is very resistant to curling, but also very fine, so I can't use high heat on it.  I set my BW's at 330 degrees, but keep the hair on the curling rod a good 15 seconds or more, counted out.  Then I clip it up, so gravity doesn't pull it straight again.  The demos show them clipping up the straight hair and leaving the curled strands dangling.  I'd have no curl if I did that.  So don't take the on-air demos as gospel, modify your use of the tool to get the results you want.  I think you will find the Beachwaver a very useful hair tool if you don't want straight hair.   The only thing I have ever seen a flat iron do, honestly, is give people flat, straight hair.  If you have a short bob you want to keep straight with just the slightest inwards curve at the bottom, a flat iron is ideal, but if you want waves or curls, I honestly don't think a flat iron can do that.  To those who achieve such results with a flat iron, bully for you, you are a far better stylist than I am!  For me, the Beach Waver is a blessing, even though I only use it a couple of times a week now that I'm retired.

Respected Contributor

Sweet_Serenity, I watched the video presentation you referenced in a post which disappeared off the board in the middle of my reply.  Thank you for posting about it, after watching it I don't think my hair is long enough to use the 1.25".  I get the look they demonstrated from my 1", so the 1.25" probably won't give me any noticeable wave at all unless I go hotter, and risk frying my hair.  I may change my mind after watching a full presentation, though, so I'll watch the TSV launch for Friday, since I'm on the Pacific coast, and it will only be 9 pm for me.  I hope you love the 3/4" when you get it, Sweet_Serenity, I sure love mine.