Honored Contributor

Which Amlactin is the best for exfoliation?

I've decided to try this on some ingrown hair bumps on my legs.  I notice it comes in a tube and a pump dispenser with slightly different ingredients. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Which Amlactin is the best for exfoliation?

Amlactin is my holy grail and I can't tell you how many bottles of this I've gone through.

The one I use on a regular basis is Amlactin Alpha Hydroxy Therapy.  It comes in a pump bottle and has a bright green pump.

I have tried the Amlactin Ultra that comes in a tube and I didn't like it.  It was too thick.  I have never tried nor seen out in retail the Amlactin Cerapeutic in the bottle with the blue pump but I might try that next.

I have what I refer to as chicken skin on the back of my upper arms and this gets rid of that like nothing else I have tried and I've tried a lot. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Amlactin is my holy grail and I can't tell you how many bottles of this I've gone through.

The one I use on a regular basis is Amlactin Alpha Hydroxy Therapy.  It comes in a pump bottle and has a bright green pump.

I have tried the Amlactin Ultra that comes in a tube and I didn't like it.  It was too thick.  I have never tried nor seen out in retail the Amlactin Cerapeutic in the bottle with the blue pump but I might try that next.

I have what I refer to as chicken skin on the back of my upper arms and this gets rid of that like nothing else I have tried and I've tried a lot. 

I also have Keratosis Pilaris and use AmLactin for it. Paula's Choice as a body treatment that works really well, too.

All of the AmLactin products are good. I'd say start with the green one if your biggest concern is ingrown hairs. If you have aging skin, you can use the blue ones with ceramides. If you try the green one and it doesn't work, then I'd try the Ultra. It worked better on my KP than the green (regular) version, but as @Lipstickdiva mentioned, it's very thick and heavy and kind of a pain to use. The green one is easier.

Bonus: AmLactin is GREAT for hands and cuticles and really helps prevent hangnails. 

Please make sure you are vigilant about sunscreen use anywhere you use AmLactin, as it's an AHA and will make your skin more vulnerable to sun damage. I'm good about sunscreen on my face and chest, but forget my hands and arms most days, so it takes me some extra effort to remember my body sunscreen when I'm just going to the office.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I've tried Amlactin, but can't use because of the awful smell.  Ugh!!  Is there one that has no smell whatsover?

Trusted Contributor

omg, can't believe I came across this post. Within the last two weeks I suddenly developed this issue on the back of my upper right arm. No idea what caused it but had no clue how to deal with it. I've been moisturizing like mad but always do anyway. Will be looking for this today. Thank you, thank you