Honored Contributor

Re: Where's the weirdest place you've had milia?

@SilleeMee,  How about your PCP's office?  I would think they can puncture it even though it is in a tender place.  This getting old is for the birds as I can't remember -  OMG, I just remembered.  I had a skin tag on my lash line and I actually went to the eye dr. and he froze it and then removed it.  I hated that thing too.  Why is it we get all these wierd things that happen to us as we age?  Skin tags, then I have these small little dry spots on my legs and a couple on my back.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I was thinking my GP could take care of it. I just don't want to lose my lashes permanently in that one spot...Woman Surprised It's right in the middle. @Katcat1

Honored Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 No it's not a heat rash, but a tiny clogged pore.  I just looked it up again too.

Funny enough it says it can come from mineral oil creams or cortisone creams.  Would you know a few years ago I had a swollen eyelid (most likely from false eyelashes which I wear sometimes) and used a cortisone cream from my derm to get rid of the swelling.  That's probably where I got mine!  It's microscopic, hard to see, but can feel it. Woman Surprised

@SouthFlorida321, there is some misinformation out there on the big, wide web. Who knew? :-)

Milia are not clogged pores, and generally, they are not caused by topicals. They are often mistaken for some type of acne, hence the confusion.

But in reality they are keratin-filled cysts that have formed from the skin folding over on itself. Check out Dr. Cynthia Bailey's site (she's a derm), healthline.com, and/or skinsight.com.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

I saw a milia on the eye/near lash line being removed,

Go to YouTube & search, 'dr pimple popper milia on eye'.

Since the skin is so thin, that little milia was a bugger to remove!!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was thinking my GP could take care of it. I just don't want to lose my lashes permanently in that one spot...Woman Surprised It's right in the middle. @Katcat1

@SilleeMee, my derm referred me to the eye guy. You're right about not wanting to mess around with anything close to your eyes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@SilleeMee

I saw a milia on the eye/near lash line being removed,

Go to YouTube & search, 'dr pimple popper milia on eye'.

Since the skin is so thin, that little milia was a bugger to remove!!

I'm not sure I want to see that @sidsmom...Woman LOL Could be scary.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Nooooo...didn't mean to scare.

Sorry. 🙁

I'm kinda into surgery stuff. Ha

Super Contributor

Years ago I developed a cyst in my lash line.  It kept getting bigger so I asked my Opthalmologist about it.  He removed it.  My lash line filled in quickly.  Removal of cyst was easy.

Respected Contributor

I have quite a few on my cheeks, forehead and between my eyes. I have an appointment next month to have them removed by my derm. I don't know what caused them but I'm hoping that having started Retin-A will keep them from coming back. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee, my derm referred me to the eye guy. You're right about not wanting to mess around with anything close to your eyes.

I think that may be the course my GP will take. She will probably refer me to an ophthalmologist. I hope not though. @suzyQ3