Esteemed Contributor

Where does Julep go from here?

The Fashion Law blog has an update on what is happening with the Julep brand now. It probably won't be new information for those who have followed the Glansaol bankruptcy and sale of their assets in the past year but it's an interesting lookback at how smaller indie brands get their funding as they try and become the next investment unicorn.

FYI, Glansaol sold off their assets for $18 million dollars to AS Beauty so I guess we'll see what AS Beauty does with the Julep brand (as well as Laura Geller brand) going forward.

http://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/how-julep-went-from-the-fastest-growing-omnichannel-beauty-brand-t...

How Julep Went from the "Fastest Growing Omnichannel Beauty Brand" to Bankruptcy

Honored Contributor

Re: Where does Julep go from here?

Some companies buy their "rivals" just to put them out of business.    In other instances, larger successful corporations buy companies in financial straits just to lower their own tax burden.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I read somewhere that Julep is now being sold in Target.

Contributor

Julep is now sold in Target 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

That Julep gel eye pencil sharpener is worth its weight in gold! No more wasting of the pencils!!

Thanks to whoever recommended it!

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

That Julep gel eye pencil sharpener is worth its weight in gold! No more wasting of the pencils!!

I agree about the sharpener. I use with any type of eye pencil not necessarily Julep. It is the best on the market.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Mothertrucker @Tricolor  Which eye sharpener is this?  Is it the one that looks like a tube of mascara?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Mothertrucker @Tricolor  Which eye sharpener is this?  Is it the one that looks like a tube of mascara?

Yes, that's the one. It looks so funky but it works great. You can also pull it apart to clean out the shavings.