Respected Contributor

Re: Where do these extra products come from?

On 4/30/2014 BeagleMama said:

Why is selling legitimate WEN products on ebay considered scalping? I know many ebay sellers who list beauty items on ebay that they get as part of a kit, because they don't use that particular item but it was grouped in with other items that they will use.

That's not what's being talked about in this thread or being described as "scalping." The issue is people buying up all available quantities and turning around and selling it. One recent example was the BGT in 32oz size that, prior to the March TSV kit, wasn't available anywhere. Practically the instant that became available for presale, the BGT option was sold out and 32oz BGT was being offered on the bay. That happened a few more times whenever additional quantity would become available. Legitimate QVC customers (Insiders even...which, don't even get me started Wink) who wished to purchase the kit in that scent were unable to.

It has nothing to do with a Church of any kind or fanaticism or anyone thinking people should only buy their WEN from the Q. Although I'm surprised the Q forum monitors allow discussions of products purchased elsewhere; they certainly don't have to. Speaking for myself, this is the place I can order what I need (GR doesn't sell what I buy, or I would buy it there if/when it was cheaper) and be sure I'm getting the real deal.

Super Contributor

On 5/1/2014 WenGirl42 said:

Why is selling legitimate WEN products on ebay considered scalping? I know many ebay sellers who list beauty items on ebay that they get as part of a kit, because they don't use that particular item but it was grouped in with other items that they will use.

That's not what's being talked about in this thread or being described as "scalping." The issue is people buying up all available quantities and turning around and selling it. One recent example was the BGT in 32oz size that, prior to the March TSV kit, wasn't available anywhere. Practically the instant that became available for presale, the BGT option was sold out and 32oz BGT was being offered on the bay. That happened a few more times whenever additional quantity would become available. Legitimate QVC customers (Insiders even...which, don't even get me started Wink) who wished to purchase the kit in that scent were unable to.

It has nothing to do with a Church of any kind or fanaticism or anyone thinking people should only buy their WEN from the Q. Although I'm surprised the Q forum monitors allow discussions of products purchased elsewhere; they certainly don't have to. Speaking for myself, this is the place I can order what I need (GR doesn't sell what I buy, or I would buy it there if/when it was cheaper) and be sure I'm getting the real deal.

I don't think there's anything anyone can do about it. It's "buy cheap and sell high" - it's been going on since cave man days.

Frequent Contributor

On 5/1/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 5/1/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Nope, I reported the thread. I'm fine with people not agreeing with what I did, I still stand by it.<br /> <br /> Many people just sell what they have and are legit, but a lot of people are scalpers. That's why you'll see large amounts of seasonals go up for sale after they're no longer available elsewhere. OTOs and TSVs sell out quickly because people resell them on eBay, so customers here can't get what they want. I think that's terrible for QVC customers, so I don't support it and don't want to give anyone else a recipe for how to make money by buying here and selling on ebay, which is essentially what the OP is asking. How do they get their stock and make money.

I don't get why you reported Susan's post. It won't stop people from selling on eBay; it won't stop people from buyin huge lots on QVC (I didn't know (or care) that folks did that); and it won't make a dent in the free trade market.

People want/like/need options, especially when QVC, GR, Dean doesn't have the supply.

You didn't know that people did it before. Others didn't know, either. Now you do and so will they. Someone else might want to to it now. It gives people the knowledge to start doing it themselves. The more people who do it, the more limited the QVC supply becomes for people who legitimately buy it to use for themselves.

Oh please. Anyone could figure that out.

Respected Contributor

On 5/1/2014 ilovedaisies said:

I don't think there's anything anyone can do about it. It's "buy cheap and sell high" - it's been going on since cave man days.

Well, one thing we can do about it is not encourage others to start and give them the tools to do so Wink

Honored Contributor

On 5/1/2014 ilovedaisies said:

Well, one thing we can do about it is not encourage others to start and give them the tools to do so Wink

Exactly. We can't stop it, but that doesn't mean we should enable them by telling them how to do it.

Super Contributor

I think "lots" of different things are sold to resellers who put the things on Ebay. Like things that are new, maybe returns or overstocks from any given company. I've bought Northern Nights things from Ebay that are marked "new without tags and not in original packaging". Companies probably don't want to repackage returns so sell them to job lotters who then sell them wherever they can. That's my theory anyway.
Super Contributor

Buying popular and limited issue products on Ebay has been going on since the 90s. It was a major hot button with Beanie Baby and Hot Wheels collectors. The Ebayers would hit the stores on release days, with family in tow if purchase quantities per person were limited, and buy up everything. Then list that $5 toy for $50. The Ebay sellers would say they were providing a "service," making limited issue or new items available to those who were not able to stand in a line when a store opens. The process is not some big secret.

Contributor

On 5/1/2014 okiebug said:
On 4/30/2014 susan25 said:

My original post was deleted or reported. I only said that many ebay sellers probably buy large quantities of products from QVC, Wen website, etc and probably sell what they don't want or use. I don't understand why I was reported. I only mentioned that sometimes products on ebay sell for more than they should. Some buyers of Wen aren't always aware of what the prices for Wen are on other websites.

This was the "state secret?"

This forum gets more and more amusing and entertaining.

I don't understand why you were reported either, but I guess mentioning eBay or GR in The QVC Church of Wen is blasphemous. It's worse than going to the Apple forum and saying that you love BlackBerry.

You have got to be kidding??? Nothing like blowing something out of proportion. Anyone think that ChynnaBlue might have been commenting on a post that has been deleted so you aren't seeing what she reported? Or that she was saying that people buying up large amounts of TSVs and OTOs to resell on Ebay could be the reason those of us who are trying to buy for ourselves find the products sold out. That has nothing to do with whether WEN users buy from GR or ebay.

There's no reason to start tearing each other down - the trolls that come on the forum do that enough without doing it to ourselves.

Nope, I reported the thread. I'm fine with people not agreeing with what I did, I still stand by it.

Many people just sell what they have and are legit, but a lot of people are scalpers. That's why you'll see large amounts of seasonals go up for sale after they're no longer available elsewhere. OTOs and TSVs sell out quickly because people resell them on eBay, so customers here can't get what they want. I think that's terrible for QVC customers, so I don't support it and don't want to give anyone else a recipe for how to make money by buying here and selling on ebay, which is essentially what the OP is asking. How do they get their stock and make money.

Wow ChynnaBlue....wonder how you react to real important issues on this world......{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor

My original post was deleted or reported. I only said that many ebay sellers probably buy large quantities of products from QVC, Wen website, etc and probably sell what they don't want or use. I don't understand why I was reported. I only mentioned that sometimes products on ebay sell for more than they should. Some buyers of Wen aren't always aware of what the prices for Wen are on other websites.

I don't understand why you were reported either, but I guess mentioning eBay or GR in The QVC Church of Wen is blasphemous. It's worse than going to the Apple forum and saying that you love BlackBerry.

You have got to be kidding??? Nothing like blowing something out of proportion. Anyone think that ChynnaBlue might have been commenting on a post that has been deleted so you aren't seeing what she reported? Or that she was saying that people buying up large amounts of TSVs and OTOs to resell on Ebay could be the reason those of us who are trying to buy for ourselves find the products sold out. That has nothing to do with whether WEN users buy from GR or ebay.

There's no reason to start tearing each other down - the trolls that come on the forum do that enough without doing it to ourselves.

Nope, I reported the thread. I'm fine with people not agreeing with what I did, I still stand by it.

Many people just sell what they have and are legit, but a lot of people are scalpers. That's why you'll see large amounts of seasonals go up for sale after they're no longer available elsewhere. OTOs and TSVs sell out quickly because people resell them on eBay, so customers here can't get what they want. I think that's terrible for QVC customers, so I don't support it and don't want to give anyone else a recipe for how to make money by buying here and selling on ebay, which is essentially what the OP is asking. How do they get their stock and make money.

Now why would someone willingly pay the high prices scalpers sell for when they can buy it here and even on Amazon cheaper? I don't get that logic, maybe because I bargin shop and know how to find the best prices.

Respected Contributor

On 5/1/2014 tigriss said:

Now why would someone willingly pay the high prices scalpers sell for when they can buy it here and even on Amazon cheaper? I don't get that logic, maybe because I bargin shop and know how to find the best prices.

If you're going to be so derisive, maybe you could at least try to comprehend what's being talked about.