Trusted Contributor

Re: Where do these extra products come from?

On 4/30/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I reported it and I'm reporting this one, too.

Explaining how the ebay scalpers get their product is a blueprint for creating more ebay scalpers. The next time you want a good TSV or OTO and your favorite formula is sold you, remember this.

I didn't do anything wrong by asking about the ebay products. I even found an old thread after I started this one. The old thread is long and talks extensively about specific ebay sellers that Chaz Dean reported to ebay due to people on these boards realizing they were ripped off. I just wondered how the heck these sellers get the product because before I found that old thread I honestly didn't think it was 'fake.' I thought they were buying loads of it from tractor trailer overturns or something. And if you think reporting me for asking about this is going to in any way reduce 'scalping' on ebay you should go take a look for yourself. Apparently it's been ongoing for years and not a dent is being made. They just change names and continue.

Honest sellers getting rid of their personal stash really isn't the subject of this post. They have every right to sell their items and I'm sure there are many honest sellers out there.

Ya know, I don't think the "Report Inappropriate" button is really meant for you to be able "poof" posts that you personally don't like. I think it was meant for people to report posters who are being extremely rude or obscene. I was neither.

KJPA
Respected Contributor

My original post was deleted or reported. I only said that many ebay sellers probably buy large quantities of products from QVC, Wen website, etc and probably sell what they don't want or use. I don't understand why I was reported. I only mentioned that sometimes products on ebay sell for more than they should. Some buyers of Wen aren't always aware of what the prices for Wen are on other websites.

Honored Contributor

Until eBay gets Easy Pay, Chaz doesn't have anything to worry about over there ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

On 4/30/2014 susan25 said:

My original post was deleted or reported. I only said that many ebay sellers probably buy large quantities of products from QVC, Wen website, etc and probably sell what they don't want or use. I don't understand why I was reported. I only mentioned that sometimes products on ebay sell for more than they should. Some buyers of Wen aren't always aware of what the prices for Wen are on other websites.

Susan, sorry that happened to you. I noticed on ebay that the extremely high-priced Wen items aren't the ones I see selling. Seems that most people have an idea what they think the items should cost and don't seem to exceed what they would pay on QVC if you include all the shipping. Of course discontinued items go higher. That's one reason I really don't understand why they would do it. I mean ordinary people who order extra kits and sell off the pieces they don't want, I understand. But sellers with SERIOUS inventory I don't get. I don't see how they can buy at the same prices we do and then sell for that price or less. They have their own costs of doing business including the ebay fee and it doesn't seem there would be any profit. In fact it would seem to be a loss. That's why I think those people are getting it some other way.

Making fake product would be one option but that has its own costs and possibly criminal prosecution. I think I read a Vera Bradley discussion a long time ago about fakes. The general consensus was that VB items don't cost enough to warrant creating fakes. A Dooney might be a different story. Sure people imitate both of those and that's not usually illegal. But to create something and sell it as an original takes at least some effort. If you are going to that effort you want to be able to sell it for $300 vs $30. Wouldn't you think? So that takes me back to wondering where these sellers get their massive quantities to sell.

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

On 4/30/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Until eBay gets Easy Pay, Chaz doesn't have anything to worry about over there ;o)

Hahaha! So true. And I'm usually loyal to QVC because I appreciate the shows and the helpful ladies on this forum. I just went to ebay for a discontinued item I LOVE!!!

KJPA
Frequent Contributor

I am not understanding why this topic would be taboo? It is by no means a secret that some people buy just to re-sell and others sell extra stuff they get in kits that they have no need for or do not use. A lot of the Wen products on eBay are from Gunthy Renker and sellers do the same thing with those kits. This happens with many brands that are sold as kits/TSV's... people buy tons and break them up to sell since they can get more money per item than what was paid from them. High volume sellers do the same thing with limited edition makeup products, like from MAC, or when there are sales at places like Sephora.

I do not, however, believe Chaz has any personal involvement with high volume sellers on eBay. He has an official Amazon store that is linked directly to his salon site, the salon site itself, QVC, Guthy Renker and now Sephora. He is protective of his brand and does not even allow it to be sold at hair salons like other product lines are. No discount is given to hair professionals. It is possible that people have a way of buying in bulk from Gunthy Renker or QVC, I suppose, but I highly doubt that would be officially sanctioned by Chaz Dean. If that happens I am guessing it is via employees that are somehow able to get their hands on lots of product. That being done on the up and up is highly questionable to me.

Honored Contributor

On 4/30/2014 KJPA said:

Hahaha! So true. And I'm usually loyal to QVC because I appreciate the shows and the helpful ladies on this forum. I just went to ebay for a discontinued item I LOVE!!!

I went there last week when someone mentioned GR makes a mini texture balm. I've wanted that forever and didn't know it existed.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

On 4/30/2014 KJPA said:

I went there last week when someone mentioned GR makes a mini texture balm. I've wanted that forever and didn't know it existed.

Oh good, glad you found it! They are adorable too.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/30/2014 susan25 said:

This was the "state secret?"

This forum gets more and more amusing and entertaining.

I don't understand why you were reported either, but I guess mentioning eBay or GR in The QVC Church of Wen is blasphemous. It's worse than going to the Apple forum and saying that you love BlackBerry.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Frequent Contributor

Oh please, report her? It's a legitimate question and there is nothing wrong with it. How do they get their inventory to sell? Not just Wen, necessarily, but many of the things you can buy on eBay. I have often wondered as well. For example, the Victoria Secret bras. Hmm...